News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[New] Soccer Thread, You Know You Love It

Started by Norgy, July 18, 2009, 10:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

So, a usual season for Vålerenga in Norway. Crash. Fly. Crash.

I see Forest splash a LOT of cash on new players these days. I think the club's spent like £6 million in a few months. That's a lot more than Doughty ever gave Paul Hart, who I think should still be in charge.

So far:
Adebola, Bristol City, naught
Camp, QPR, Six-figures
Anderson, ScouseScum, 250.000
McKenna, Preston, 750.000
Gunter, Jews, 1.75.000.000
McGoldrick, S'oton, same
Some Polack on loan, € 100.000

I am worried. If the mighty Forest aren't in the play-offs, Billy Davies will have a short career at the City Ground.
That's really the gist... Forest still act like they just won back-to-back European honours. They're a small club and should spend the money on developing more players like Dawson and Jenas.
"One-Nil To The Famous Club" doesn't sound that great against Mansfield and Chester City.

McGugan will become a star with some tutoring. Otherwise, I think my beloved Forest are in for another FAIL. Gunter and McGoldrick are decent signings, the rest? Leftovers from Billy's reign at Preston and the Sheep.

Viking

RBK 17 played 12 wins 5 draws 0 losses. All is right with the world.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

clandestino

@Norgy:

Forest played against Sporting in a friendly last week and won 1-0. <_<

Although I was more attentive to my squad than Forest, I'll leave you with some random thoughts:

When I saw them enter the pitch, I've noticed their build and height (especially when compared to our smaller players) and I thought that it was a good choice, since they would test our crappy air game, nonetheless that wasn't the case and Nothingam played some technical based football with good circulation and some direct passes. I wonder if this "continental" approach is the right one for the Championship though...

The lack of player names on the back prevented me from memorizing some good players on your side, but the midfield seemed pretty good.

Regarding Sporting, we got a decent to good nr. 10, Matias Fernandez, from Villareal and let go our craptastic Romagnoli back to Argentina. We probably still need a good forward to team with Liedson after Derlei's departure. This seems crucial if we intend to enter the Champions League groups stage: the first round we'll be playing Twente (does anyone have some info on them?) and even if we manage to beat them we might face teams like Fiorentina, Stuttgart or Atletico Madrid wish are superior to our side. :cry:

Norgy

They have that non-league black winger who looks like he'd eat Mike Tyson in a fight, McCleary.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1798_5422689,00.html

I like the look of him.
He's 21 and looks like he'll become better and better.

Against Sporting, Forest weren't just lucky, they had the ghost of St Brian Clough looking out for them. Lee Camp and Paul Smith both had a fine game in goal, but one of Camp's first half saves was just unreal.

In Norway, my club Gjøvik FF is not going up and Vålerenga still suck. All is usual, won't you say, Viking?

clandestino

Another thing, does anyone has any idea that Caicedo (Man City striker) isn't a complete fluke?

There are talks that we might be interested in signing the man.

Norgy

My guess is Man City will sign half of Europe and then end up like Tottenham; all midfield.

Norgy

Michael Pw0n3d at Man Utd might be huge hit or a new Garry Birtles.

I kind of like Fergie. He has a keen eye for attacking players.

Zanza

Viking

Quote from: Norgy on July 18, 2009, 12:07:35 PM

In Norway, my club Gjøvik FF is not going up and Vålerenga still suck. All is usual, won't you say, Viking?

All is as it should be. But we are going better than usual. We are on the way to become the "Unbeatables" of Norway. I'm looking forward to the next 13 seasons of titles. Being the only solvent club in the country probably helps. Though Molde probably has a bit of cash now.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Norgy on July 18, 2009, 12:34:49 PM
Michael Pw0n3d at Man Utd might be huge hit or a new Garry Birtles.

I kind of like Fergie. He has a keen eye for attacking players.

Mame Briam Diouf?

Liep

Quote from: Zanza on July 18, 2009, 12:50:46 PM
327 days till the World Cup! :w00t:

I hope they can eliminate those south african horns before 2010. Annoying.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on July 18, 2009, 07:35:18 PM
Quote from: Zanza on July 18, 2009, 12:50:46 PM
327 days till the World Cup! :w00t:

I hope they can eliminate those south african horns before 2010. Annoying.

Amen to that. May have to watch the games with the sound down. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

clandestino

So, yesterday was the 2nd lost of the pre-season, this time at Home presentation 1-2 against Feyenoord, in 2 matches (I don't count a win against 3rd tier team).

This starts to not look that good, especially when Benfica is clearly improving from last season and Porto... well it's Porto, so 90% of the time they'll win it in the end.

<_<

Valmy

I was going to pop in and congratulate Canada for not sucking too horribly in the 2009 Gold Cup...but then they lost to Honduras in the first round of the knockout round :nelson

Canada is the worst soccer nation evah.

Anyway tune in July 26th to see the United States win our fifth Gold Cup!  America!  Hell yeah!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."