News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Field of Glory - Empires

Started by crazy canuck, July 21, 2019, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

its a fun game. and i'm getting better and not expanding too quickly and tanking my loyalty and thus my country.

i'm using the auto pop allocation (thanks CC and Max), but still don't trust the autobuild feature.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Maximus

Quote from: HVC on August 02, 2019, 10:22:44 AM
i'm using the auto pop allocation (thanks CC and Max), but still don't trust the autobuild feature.
This is what I've started doing.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

chipwich

I just started as Rome, took the province from the Senomes with the fort, am attacking their last province with my 16 legions to their 3, but I lost the battle because their combat number is magically bigger, the battle goes intro pursuit with 1 death what gives?

PDH

Further along - in a civil war as Rome, several Italian provinces declare for the usurper.  I slowly slog them back into Rome, but it seems my allied Gallic friends who fought in the battle get to claim the provinces (Rome had by far the larger combat elements)...

Not sure this seems right...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on August 02, 2019, 11:59:09 AM
How does MP look?

It's asynchronous, using the Slitherine PBEM server.

Tamas

Quote from: chipwich on August 02, 2019, 04:22:05 PM
I just started as Rome, took the province from the Senomes with the fort, am attacking their last province with my 16 legions to their 3, but I lost the battle because their combat number is magically bigger, the battle goes intro pursuit with 1 death what gives?

Region, not province. :P Province is a group of regions here. :P

They got extra units from buildings that give garrison troops. That region is a bitch to take, too.

Tamas

Quote from: PDH on August 02, 2019, 11:04:38 PM
Further along - in a civil war as Rome, several Italian provinces declare for the usurper.  I slowly slog them back into Rome, but it seems my allied Gallic friends who fought in the battle get to claim the provinces (Rome had by far the larger combat elements)...

:hmm: I assume you are running the latest version. Sounds odd indeed.

chipwich

Is there a serious goldsink other than army upkeep?

Why doesnt the autobuilder build a building in every region? Some regions are left alone.

Tamas

Quote from: chipwich on August 03, 2019, 01:50:37 AM
Is there a serious goldsink other than army upkeep?

Why doesnt the autobuilder build a building in every region? Some regions are left alone.

Those regions might be at their building limit, or perhaps the AI thought there was nothing on offer that'd worth dividing up the province's Infrastructure pool further.

PDH

Quote from: Tamas on August 03, 2019, 01:11:03 AM
Quote from: PDH on August 02, 2019, 11:04:38 PM

:hmm: I assume you are running the latest version. Sounds odd indeed.
Latest version, restarted now.

The army for the battle was listed as both, with the Gallic being first (then Roman).  I assume that was what led to the division, but in one turn 2 Italian regions became foreign after large Roman and tiny Gallic armies marched in...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maximus

Rome is so overpowered. It's not that I've never seen them do poorly, it's that I've never even seen them do mediocrely.

Ancient Demon

This game has great potential, but it's a little rough around the edges. I especially like the decadence mechanic, too few games attempt to model the rise and fall of empires like this.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on August 03, 2019, 01:21:09 PM
Rome is so overpowered. It's not that I've never seen them do poorly, it's that I've never even seen them do mediocrely.

In my last game Macedon became a superpower.  It had almost achieved a reconquest of Alexander's empire with the exception of Egypt and they are allied with the Ptolemies.  The Romans had a lot of trouble with them.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 08, 2019, 10:32:40 AM
Quote from: Maximus on August 03, 2019, 01:21:09 PM

In my last game Macedon became a superpower.  It had almost achieved a reconquest of Alexander's empire with the exception of Egypt and they are allied with the Ptolemies.  The Romans had a lot of trouble with them.

I had a game where the selucids hit superpower status super early. like 5000 legacy while I was at 1000 as rome. then they totally collapsed and ceased to be.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.