News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Field of Glory - Empires

Started by crazy canuck, July 21, 2019, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

I am not really interested in tactical battles, but as far as I understand, you would need the other game for that anyway, right? Is the game any good without the tactical battles?

Maximus

Quote from: HVC on July 27, 2019, 10:13:50 AM
Yup, I make provinces as soon as I can. How do you set up auto build?
There's a row of icons along the top of the province view window. They're kind of small and easy to miss.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on July 27, 2019, 10:13:50 AM
Yup, I make provinces as soon as I can. How do you set up auto build?

Look at all the options in the top row of the province overview.  The default has it turned off and that is why you are still doing it manually.

Quote from: Zanza on July 28, 2019, 08:23:37 AM
I am not really interested in tactical battles, but as far as I understand, you would need the other game for that anyway, right? Is the game any good without the tactical battles?

Yes, I auto resolve most of the battles.  For the ones that look to be fun I switch to FoG2.

Maximus

Quote from: Zanza on July 28, 2019, 08:23:37 AM
It's a complete game without the tactical battles. I find the in-game battle system a little simplistic -- narrow fronts in particular are overpowered imo -- but I think it would be fine if you built your armies for that purpose.

Maximus

Anyone else been having the issue of it resetting your settings every time you launch the game?

viper37

It looks damn interesting...
I want you to know, guys, and especially CC, if I go bankrupt with one too many game, it will be on you! :mad:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

thanks max and CC, I see it now
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

I like the changes in the patch with the exception that my pop up notifications changed.  Is there a way to receive them again- particularly the one that a region had completed a building.

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 01, 2019, 08:25:57 AM
I like the changes in the patch with the exception that my pop up notifications changed.  Is there a way to receive them again- particularly the one that a region had completed a building.

There were complaints earlier about this being too spammy that we felt were justified, as you are still seeing those notifications on the map and the message log.

But, clearly some people are missing it. :) What we plan to do next (and fairly soon) is to introduce message customisation settings to the game.

crazy canuck

Good to hear.  It is a bit of a pain now.  I need to go to the ledger to see what regions have open building slots, then click on that region, then if I want to see where the region is in relation to other regions, close the ledger.   I could accomplish all that by simply left clicking on the pop up that told me a region had finished a building.  It was a much more efficient design.

I suppose it works for people who just want all their provinces to autobuild but building and the corresponding development of trade networks is one of the main attractions in this game for me.

Maximus

The "bad news" sound really needs to chill. Actually all sounds that accompany pop-up messages could just go away.

PDH

I just click twice on a region and the province (if there is one yet organized) display shows me what needs to start building.  The province display button from the region also works, but I am a lazy man and double clicking is faster.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on August 01, 2019, 07:07:20 PM
I just click twice on a region and the province (if there is one yet organized) display shows me what needs to start building.  The province display button from the region also works, but I am a lazy man and double clicking is faster.

This game must be sucking up a lot of peoples time here, as some regular Languishite are currently mainly just posting in this thread.

Maybe I should get this game? Though not sure where I'd find the necessary time to play it.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Yeah, that is another method. I defaulted to just scanning the map for the icons there.  But it was all a lot quicker to just right click on the pop ups I wanted to go to and right clicking on the ones I didn't want to see.

Quote from: mongers on August 01, 2019, 07:49:34 PM

This game must be sucking up a lot of peoples time here, as some regular Languishite are currently mainly just posting in this thread.

Maybe I should get this game? Though not sure where I'd find the necessary time to play it.  :(

It was built for us  :)