Epstein booked for trafficking underaged girls

Started by jimmy olsen, July 08, 2019, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

One guy at $2.5 billion would do it as well.
Note that Wexner's Forbes profile has shown him at $4.5 - 7.5 billion over the years.
NOT suggesting Wexner is blackmail victim; he could have been just charmed by the guy
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on July 09, 2019, 03:08:38 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 09, 2019, 03:03:39 PM
Making millions (billions?) of underage pimping? you think that at some point word would get out and people would stop getting caught to be blackmailed. Unless he got some big fish early on

Actually it is brilliant...it isn't like that is the type of word that will spread.

"Hey want to hook up with a 12 year old? I can make it happen for 10 grand."

"That will be $50 million. If you don't like it, I've got a tape that the police may be interested in."

If you have that cash, do you have a choice? You pay it and never breathe a word of it to anyone, ever.

It doesn't have to be as sinister as that even.

You can invest your money with any number of people - but only JE allows you to bang a bunch of underaged girls if you invest your money with him.  Then sure, at some point, you realize JE probably has some compromising material on you, but you're still making money and still banging those underaged girls, so why rock the boat?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 09, 2019, 02:40:39 PM
QuoteAnd yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. "I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy," Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it – Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

NY Mag article c. 2002

Already posted that, man.  I can already hear the conspiratorial conservatives saying "Why is this happening now?"  And for once, that is an actually good question.  SDNY gained access to a lot of evidence last year in connection to the Micheal Cohen and the National Enquirer thing.  What other rich men were playing "catch and kill" with the National Enquirer?  Why does Donald Trump appear to know about these girls on the "younger side"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Miami Herald ran a big investigative piece on Epstein last year. The Second Circuit court of appeals last week unsealed records in a related civil case.  There is another ongoing case from victims in the Miami criminal case that has had a lot of action this year.  So lots of reasons for there to be focus on him now.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 09, 2019, 03:09:29 PM
Let's say he got 2 guys to put in 1.25 billion each.  At 2% for management fees that is $50 million a year.
Run it forward 20 years that is $1 billion in fees.
Capital is preserved, the 2 guys keep their wealth and reps intact, and JE can pose as a secretive, elite "financier"

Are you saying two billionaires paid 50 mill a year to bang underage chicks?

The Minsky Moment

I'm saying its possible that two billionaires might chose to park their money and pay standard industry management fees with Epstein's "fund" in order to avoid exposure with whatever he might hypothetically have been blackmailing them with.

Keeping in mind that anyone with over $1 billion to invest that uses some active manager is going to paying tens of millions per year in fees no matter what.  The question is not whether its paid but who it is paid to.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2019, 06:55:22 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 09, 2019, 03:09:29 PM
Let's say he got 2 guys to put in 1.25 billion each.  At 2% for management fees that is $50 million a year.
Run it forward 20 years that is $1 billion in fees.
Capital is preserved, the 2 guys keep their wealth and reps intact, and JE can pose as a secretive, elite "financier"

Are you saying two billionaires paid 50 mill a year to bang underage chicks?
What's the going price, does anyone know?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 09, 2019, 07:52:32 PM
I'm saying its possible that two billionaires might chose to park their money and pay standard industry management fees with Epstein's "fund" in order to avoid exposure with whatever he might hypothetically have been blackmailing them with.

Keeping in mind that anyone with over $1 billion to invest that uses some active manager is going to paying tens of millions per year in fees no matter what.  The question is not whether its paid but who it is paid to.

I don't know if this is true, but it was noted in another thread I read that were only 13 American billionaires in 1982 when he started his "only billionaires" can apply hedge fund, so he must have a had specific customer in mind when he started the business.

If that number is right, we can probably narrow down who it was through just pure speculation
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

It is a fact that he was doing much smaller deals in the 1980s.  Willing to bet dollars to donuts that there is no quote from him about only taking $1 billion accounts until after he landed Wexner (i.e. sometime on or after 1989)
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 09, 2019, 08:11:19 PM
It is a fact that he was doing much smaller deals in the 1980s.  Willing to bet dollars to donuts that there is no quote from him about only taking $1 billion accounts until after he landed Wexner (i.e. sometime on or after 1989)

Not a direct quote from him, but from people who knew him at the time
https://twitter.com/eisingerj/status/1148406871365246976
QuoteMore
I had not realized until today how nothing about Jeffrey Epstein's business or career makes any sense. For instance, there were only 13 billionaires in the US in 1982

https://twitter.com/eisingerj/status/1148408770571190272
QuoteHere's a passage suggesting Epstein's billionaire clients would give him their "billion" and sign over power of attorney. Yes, those meek lil' billionaires.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2019, 01:43:50 PM
Really? Is child rape something you can just "fake news" away?

There was an audio recording where Trump bragged about regular sexual harassment of women. If that didn't put a dent in his support, I don't see how any horrible written claim of the Mainstream Traitor Media would manage to.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014