News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Germany in Nazi Gnome horror!

Started by Richard Hakluyt, July 17, 2009, 09:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

I wonder if this guy will make "death camp inmate gnomes", shaved bald in striped PJs with a number tattood on each (and a frowny-sad expression).  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on July 17, 2009, 12:33:06 PM
The poor Romans.  They used this salute for centuries and then some barbarian Germans use it for a decade and suddenly it is a 'Nazi' salute.

Yeah, but what ever did the Romans do for us, huh? At least Hitler built better roads. Damn Latin nobodies.

PDH

True, the Romans only gave us Italians as a lasting legacy...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Norgy

Which, in some ways, is good. But in most ways, Italians fail to deliver apart from when doing The Dive.

citizen k

I wonder if he'll make one that "highlights the danger of political opportunism and left-wing ideology"?   ;)

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Monoriu

In Taiwan, the president and other senior officials do the nazi salute when they are sworn into office. 

Lucidor

With the German law, can you still get Nasi Goreng, or is it too close to Nazi Göring?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Monoriu on July 17, 2009, 04:40:12 PM
In Taiwan, the president and other senior officials do the nazi salute when they are sworn into office.

It's ok, and hip, to use Nazi symbolism in the Orient.  Heck, they put swastikas on their temples!  :P