News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baldur's Gate 3 announced

Started by Syt, June 06, 2019, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on August 01, 2023, 03:29:54 AMThe only problem is that the Bag of Holding can become full. :P

So I noticed. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 01, 2023, 03:29:54 AMThe only problem is that the Bag of Holding can become full. :P

Literally unplayable.

Zanza

In the base game, you can keep all the clutter in your class holdout, no? Can't remember if you have something similar in ToB. The Pocket Plane or so?

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on August 01, 2023, 04:28:12 AMIn the base game, you can keep all the clutter in your class holdout, no? Can't remember if you have something similar in ToB. The Pocket Plane or so?

Technically yes, but I didn't acquire the class holdout till quite late.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on July 28, 2023, 02:31:25 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 28, 2023, 12:04:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2023, 09:46:01 PMJust making a reference to a very specific adventure  :P

And it wasn't the DMs fault, he was just playing it as written!

Yeah okay if your DM selects a tournament module and runs it as written, then yeah that's what you're going to get. Still is the DM's responsibility.

Ok I never actually played D&D in the 1970s, I was born in 1977, and I never actually ran this module. I was just making a joke and a nerdy reference.

'We' played D&D in the late 70s, the Giants, the D series incl. Kuo-Toa and some of the S1 series episodes stand out; I don't recall much about Tomb of Horrors, probably wasn't that good.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on August 01, 2023, 01:23:55 AMBG3 final info: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285307835439472

Download will be 122GB (no pre-load, apparently not possible if the game was in early access), unlocking 3rd August at the below times. Some more info about the game in general (voice actors, mind flayer skill progression, etc.). There's also some info on 4K requirements.

QuoteWith a good CPU and a GeForce 3060, you can play at 1440p at 60fps. Native 4K will require double fill rate, so we recommend using a top-end GeForce 4080/4090 or AMD equivalent. And of course, with DLSS, you can reach 4K with lower requirements, thanks to the wizards at Nvidia.

OK but what we really want to know is well it runs on Steam Deck.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

celedhring

We played Tomb of Horrors with my high school DND group. It was a pure dungeon crawler, and a pretty memorable one I'd say, but really thin on the story part of the experience. But we didn't care much for that at that age :p

Jacob

Steam says BG3 has LAN and Online Co-op. Do any of you know how that feels? Is it really good? Kind of shitty?

... and presumably it requires two copies of the game?

I'm seeing online references to split screen being available on Xbox and PS5, but haven't seen it mentioned on PC. Do any of you know if it's possible?

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 01, 2023, 09:45:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 01, 2023, 01:23:55 AMBG3 final info: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285307835439472

Download will be 122GB (no pre-load, apparently not possible if the game was in early access), unlocking 3rd August at the below times. Some more info about the game in general (voice actors, mind flayer skill progression, etc.). There's also some info on 4K requirements.

QuoteWith a good CPU and a GeForce 3060, you can play at 1440p at 60fps. Native 4K will require double fill rate, so we recommend using a top-end GeForce 4080/4090 or AMD equivalent. And of course, with DLSS, you can reach 4K with lower requirements, thanks to the wizards at Nvidia.

OK but what we really want to know is well it runs on Steam Deck.

Yeah. Once I read that I bought it  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

I will get it next weekend. Not sure if it runs on my machine though.

Sophie Scholl

It would have been cool if they allowed at least partial pre-downloading of assets.  :glare:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

FunkMonk

Started the game on Steam Deck and can confirm it works. Default settings are medium, running at 30fps. Even has controller support.   :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sophie Scholl

Storymode is... not very easy. Ooof. I honestly think it might be broken. I don't see any of the differences between it and normal.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Solmyr

Quote from: Zanza on August 03, 2023, 12:19:55 PMI will get it next weekend. Not sure if it runs on my machine though.

A friend is running it on his PC built in 2014, so it's apparently quite lenient. You may have to adjust some settings down.

Tamas

On my Intel Core i5 10600K and 32GB (or is it 24, can't remember right now) RAM with a GeForce 1660 it runs very smoothly in Ultra, although in 1080p only.