News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baldur's Gate 3 announced

Started by Syt, June 06, 2019, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

So rather than just apologizing for the spoiler and removing it you triple down.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Legbiter on September 08, 2023, 03:25:56 PMWell...if cc isn't going to finish the game except at the very end of our natural lifespans (how do you play the game anyway, do you log in, advance 10 yards, loot a carrot on the way, decide that's enough excitement for the day, log off) then maybe not ever visit this thread except once you're sure via obituaries/implied silence that all the rest of us are dead and cannot spoil one tiny piece of the whole tapestry?  :huh:

I assume he plays like most normal people play BG games.

Start a character, get halfway through Act 1, think to yourself how it would be interesting to play class X, get that character halfway through, rinse and repeat a dozen times. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Legbiter

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2023, 04:05:12 PMStart a character, get halfway through Act 1, think to yourself how it would be interesting to play class X, get that character halfway through, rinse and repeat a dozen times. 

That's what Withers is literally for. Shadowheart respeccing into a Light Cleric makes perfect sense given the story progression and I turned Astarion into a lockpicking Ranger because the stealth mechanics for a rogue was turning my hair gray.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Minsky Moment

You can't change race or appearance, and you can't undo certain in game choices.  And you can't know what it's like to play an origin without playing that origin.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I haven't even gotten the game yet.  I need a new PC.  I have started Solasta which is kinda the same thing.  I also have started playing Table Top at my local game store.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I just cannot seem to get out of Act 1. Every time I am like "ok I am about ready to go, I just want to check that one corner of the map" and then 8 hours later after some amazing adventure "that was cool...wait what was I doing again?"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Quote from: Legbiter on September 08, 2023, 01:51:36 PMApparently if you bring up relocating, at least temporarily, to Avernus while you scrounge up a cure, Karlach will live.

In my game I didn't want to force Avernus on her, so I didn't really bring it up much if at all, but she lived because Wyll suggested going there with her.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2023, 05:52:11 PMI haven't even gotten the game yet.  I need a new PC.  I have started Solasta which is kinda the same thing. I also have started playing Table Top at my local game store.

:cool:

I should really do something like that, but the store in my local city is in the only scuzzy part of town.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Please don't spoiler new games. Not everyone plays a game immediately on release. Not everyone plays at the same pace.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2023, 04:05:12 PMStart a character, get halfway through Act 1, think to yourself how it would be interesting to play class X, get that character halfway through, rinse and repeat a dozen times. 

Guilty as charged.  :XD:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on August 22, 2023, 03:19:48 AMIf you want a bigger party, then this mod works pretty well: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/327

You don't need to use the exe tweak if you don't play multiplayer, just put the mod into the installation Mods folder.

Ok I finally got tired of being limited to four people and used this and now roll with six like Gary Gygax intended and wow it makes me so happy. I don't even care that I now have to ungroup people and move them around to stop them from getting stranded on cliffs or blown up by traps and now I have too many people for the fights.

It is just wrong to have four people adventuring parties. It should be six. And I am so glad the game UI supports this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Jacob on September 09, 2023, 01:50:49 PMPlease don't spoiler new games. Not everyone plays a game immediately on release. Not everyone plays at the same pace.
This.  Not all of us are losers who just play video games all day, people.  I like, have a very demanding job and travel for it. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Not really making much progress in this. I love the game and its interactivity, but I also feel weirdly stressed by the game's constant choices and (more importantly) the lack of a proper pause button? (I know I can activate turn based mode as a workaround.) Not a fan of wanting to check my equipment or read stats and ability texts in an area with roving NPCs/enemies that might trigger an encounter. I feel I always have to be "switched on", something I normally associate with Soulslikes. :D

(I know that I'm kinda weird :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

That's not "kind of weird", that's a legit gameplay preference (that I share).

Zanza

Finally reached Act 2. I guess I found most stuff in Act 1, but probably not everything. But I fund myself wondering how it would play with a different class and different companions...