And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Niki Lauda

Started by mongers, May 20, 2019, 09:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Niki Lauda, Austrian Formula 1 legend, dies at 70

21 May 2019 

Three-time Formula 1 world champion Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70, his family says, nine months after undergoing a lung transplant.

The legendary Austrian took the title for Ferrari in 1975 and 1977 and McLaren in 1984.

For many, he will be remembered for his remarkable recovery and return to racing after being badly burned in a crash in the 1976 German Grand Prix.

One of the greats.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

:( One of the few racers I paid attention to. RIP.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Duque de Bragança

RIP

Very famous indeed, he even showed up in a 70's Japanese cartoon (nobody called them anime back then) called Grand Prix or Arrow Emblem: Hawk of the Grand Prix. Pretty close at times to F1 back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_Emblem:_Hawk_of_the_Grand_Prix

PS: heard on French radio

QuoteVictime de très graves brûlures en 1976, Nikki Lauda s'est éteint hier.
:frusty:
Now that's some punning!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.