News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wallet or Smart Phone

Started by Admiral Yi, May 10, 2019, 03:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would you rather carry with you when leaving the house?

Wallet
16 (64%)
Smart Phone
8 (32%)
Bork Bork Bork
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Admiral Yi

Poached from an Economist article about fintech.

garbon

As in if you can only take one? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

I always carry my wallet - it has my driver's licence in it.  This question is really only valid for people who do not drive.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2019, 03:59:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 10, 2019, 03:58:14 PM
As in if you can only take one? :huh:

yup

Why would that ever happen?

Anyway, wallet all the way. I'm not interested in paying with my phone. Always seems like it takes people longer to pay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 10, 2019, 03:59:00 PM
I always carry my wallet - it has my driver's licence in it.  This question is really only valid for people who do not drive.

I don't drive regularly, but my wallet has my transit pass.

If I'm just walking/running around the neighbourhood I happily leave my wallet behind, but otherwise I would be forced to choose wallet.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 10, 2019, 04:06:40 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 10, 2019, 03:59:00 PM

I don't drive regularly, but my wallet has my transit pass.

If I'm just walking/running around the neighbourhood I happily leave my wallet behind, but otherwise I would be forced to choose wallet.

If the question is, if you were only going a walking distance from your house, I would say wallet because it also has my credit card/cash in it.  I am with Garbon - would never pay by phone.

mongers

The question seems a bit vague, is it about which do you use to pay for things?

Anyway wallet for me as I never carry a smartphone, it would get destroyed within a few weeks of being carried about by me. 

Though half the time I do carry a dumb phone if I'm going more than a dozen miles.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu

Wallet.  Easy choice for me.  In addition to all the legal requirements like ID card and driver's licence, the main reason is I don't really use my mobile phone much.  The phone is largely optional for me.  I don't use all the mobile pay functions.  I don't need to access the internet all the time.  I seldom if ever call people using my mobile. 

Admiral Yi

The three people who voted Phone but didn't post must be too busy Instagramming or Snapchatting.

Eddie Teach

Phone. My chauffeur carries a wallet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

A lot of people I know just take their phone and pay with everything by card. I am increasingly going that way. If I were to buy a new wallet a zip section would no longer be so required as in the past. And those new notes stick together way too often.

Voted phone. Though its still both for me
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

My phone.

I take walks with my family, couple of kms. I always take my phone, rarely my wallet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Police may ask for an ID, so wallet.

Maladict

Phone, the protecting case also holds my ID, bank card and public transport card.