What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

What happens if the judge tells Keith Richards to fuck off?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2024, 04:26:45 PMWhat happens if the judge tells Keith Richards to fuck off?

That's where impeachment comes into play.  Federal judges (even if they are on the USSC) can be removed from office by the Senate if the House impeaches them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 10, 2024, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2024, 04:00:32 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 10, 2024, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2024, 07:50:19 PMDo these codes of conduct have the force of law?

No

So really they are suggestions of conduct more than a code.

I am making an assumption that you were professionally licenced by a professional body who has the authority to remove your licence if you violate their professional requirements.  Lawyers are treated the same way, we can be disbarred if we violate our licencing body's code of conduct.

I wonder if the police forces would benefit from a similar system to the Bar Associations.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on June 10, 2024, 05:01:05 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2024, 04:26:45 PMWhat happens if the judge tells Keith Richards to fuck off?

That's where impeachment comes into play.  Federal judges (even if they are on the USSC) can be removed from office by the Senate if the House impeaches them.

Yeah but that is very unlikely to happen in the case of the USSC, at least under current political conditions. Especially for something as mundane as committing crimes and taking bribes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Frowny faces and raised eyebrows in the robing rooms.

As far as I can tell, the Code Committee of the Judicial Conference limits itself to giving confidential advisory responses to inquiries.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 10, 2024, 08:28:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 10, 2024, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2024, 04:00:32 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 10, 2024, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2024, 07:50:19 PMDo these codes of conduct have the force of law?

No

So really they are suggestions of conduct more than a code.

I am making an assumption that you were professionally licenced by a professional body who has the authority to remove your licence if you violate their professional requirements.  Lawyers are treated the same way, we can be disbarred if we violate our licencing body's code of conduct.

I wonder if the police forces would benefit from a similar system to the Bar Associations.  :P

Well, that would be a way of removing police unions

Razgovory

Trump floats UFC-style migrant league amid border crisis

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/22/trump-ufc-migrant-league-00164570

QuoteFormer President Donald Trump suggested in two speeches Saturday that migrants coming to the U.S. should have their own fighting league, remarking that they're "nasty, mean" and "tough people" who could beat the country's top fighters.

Speaking first to a crowd of conservative Christians at a Faith & Freedom Coalition gathering in Washington, D.C., Trump said he shared the idea with Dana White, president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

"I said, 'Dana I have an idea. Why don't you set up a migrant league of fighters and have your regular league fighters," Trump said, "and then you have the champion of your league — these are the greatest fighters in the world — fight the champion of the migrants.'" The suggestion drew laughter and applause from the crowd, a response that continued as he spoke more about the concept.

"I think the migrant guy might win," Trump said, adding that White "didn't like that idea too much."

"But actually, it's not the worst idea I've ever had," he continued.

Trump later repeated the idea during a rally Saturday evening in Philadelphia.

UFC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Trump's rhetoric on Saturday was the latest in a longstanding series of remarks demonizing immigrants entering the country illegally, including previously calling them "vermin" and proclaiming they are "poisoning the blood" of America. But his comments come as voters overwhelmingly support securing the southern border, prompting President Joe Biden and congressional Democrats to propose tighter security measures at the border.

"Remember this, these migrants are tough. They're tough. They come from prisons and many other places, rough places," Trump said. "They're just getting used to a country. They're just settling in."

During his Faith & Freedom Coalition speech, he reiterated his plans to, if reelected, "begin the largest deportation operation in American history." Earlier this week, Trump shared on a podcast his plan to provide green cards to any student who graduates from a U.S. college.

After Trump's address, his supporters in the crowd largely brushed off his suggestion.

"He likes to tell jokes," said Kevin McPherson. "This is expressing how some of these illegal immigrants coming [into] this country are hardened criminals. And he's trying to show that yes, there are criminals here."

Another conference attendee, Bobbi Newman, said she didn't hear Trump make the remark but would support the idea if Trump believed in it.

It's true, it's not his worst idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017