News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Does "Cops" air in your country

Started by Savonarola, March 24, 2009, 04:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Savonarola on March 24, 2009, 09:20:05 PM
Heh, we do export our best shows.  The first time when I was in London there was "Jerry Springer, the Opera" playing at some theater.  I didn't see it and it never made it to Detroit.   :(
Thankully, we don't see the worst :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

I haven't seen cops in years, seriously how much of that can you watch without getting sick of it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

Bad boys, bad boys, what ya gonna do?

My favourite is Orange County where all the cops weigh 300lbs and just sit on the criminals. Also made for a great episode of My Name Is Earl.

Booze Britain serves the same role over here.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on March 25, 2009, 03:08:05 AM
Booze Britain serves the same role over here.

We catch a lot of UK traffic cop stuff over here on cable.  Man, you people are assholes.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 25, 2009, 04:18:30 AM
We catch a lot of UK traffic cop stuff over here on cable.  Man, you people are assholes.
Do you mean the police or the drivers or everyone?
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 25, 2009, 04:19:45 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 25, 2009, 04:18:30 AM
Do you mean the police or the drivers or everyone?

The drivers.  What a bunch of goofs.  Never seen so many DWIs during daylight.  I think you people are all drunk by 11am.

Brazen

More like still drunk from the night before than vodka on our cornflakes. With a few exceptions.

Savonarola

Quote from: viper37 on March 24, 2009, 10:56:06 PM

Didn't "A Small Wonder" make it to Canada?  Cultural content laws have foiled our sinister plans again.   :(

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Iormlund

It was aired at something like 3 or 4 AM on workdays a long time ago. I guess it is still possible to get it on satellite.

The Brain

Quote from: miglia on March 24, 2009, 04:56:11 PM
Yep - Channel 6 in Sweden acquired the rights for it a few years ago and began airing old episodes 19.00 every weekday.

Now it's 6 pm.

It's on my TV right now. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Savonarola on March 25, 2009, 07:45:23 AM

Didn't "A Small Wonder" make it to Canada?  Cultural content laws have foiled our sinister plans again.   :(

title didn't ring any bell, and the IMDB description doesn't either, but it could have been presented in english Canada, they do like shitty American tv shows, it comforts them in their superiority complex :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on March 25, 2009, 07:45:23 AM

I know I've seen it.  :(

Not sure if on a US station on cable, or rebroadcast on a Canadian channel though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

I think I saw Dorsey on Cops once. Some guy in blackface was getting his foot run over by a car.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.