Who should the democrats pick to run against Trump

Started by jimmy olsen, April 01, 2019, 06:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should the democrats nominate to run against Trump?

Joe Biden
5 (12.2%)
Bernie Sanders
9 (22%)
Kamala Harris
5 (12.2%)
Beto O'Rourke
3 (7.3%)
Elizabeth Warren
4 (9.8%)
Amy Klobuchar
3 (7.3%)
Kirsten Gillibrand
0 (0%)
Cory Booker
2 (4.9%)
Pete Buttigieg
5 (12.2%)
Other
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

FunkMonk

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2019, 08:27:58 AM
I didn't know "incel" was a thing until about a month ago.  Can't get my mind around why someone would voluntarily adopt that label, let alone turn it into a movement of some sort.  Maybe put that time & energy into correcting your situation?

Nah. It's a lot easier to blame women and SJWs.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2019, 10:20:24 AM
I mean maybe things are different at your church but I would rather people go to church because they want to be religious and spiritual not because they want to get laid.

I think the thing about churches is that they provide a built-in social life that includes all sorts of folks - including people of all ages (and for "Incels", women who may be just as socially awkward or non-standard-good-looking as they are).

Mostly what I get from Incels is that they are guys without human connections outside of people exactly like them, mostly found on the Internet - which is great at creating all sorts of toxic echo chambers that can be mistaken for a social life.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Threviel

It was just something I've heard without bothering to check.

Apparently about 80% of the worlds prostitutes are female, according to https://prostitution.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000095

The Brain

You must make sure that the girl is pure. Ain't no plans with a man.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Brain's stuck in the 80s, no luck with the ladies
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

The closest to a flesh and blood incel that I've met is this Canadian guy I met at language school in France in 88.  His entire conversational repertoire consisted of how stuck up Toronto girls are.

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2019, 08:48:30 AM

They are sadly rather common in some internet subcultures (gamers, anime fans...). I don't think I know any personally, but a couple of guys I'm acquainted with who rather fit the "sad nerd loser" stereotype wouldn't surprise me one bit if they belonged to or were adjacent to any of these groups.

Which Languishites are they?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2019, 08:27:58 AM
I didn't know "incel" was a thing until about a month ago.  Can't get my mind around why someone would voluntarily adopt that label, let alone turn it into a movement of some sort.  Maybe put that time & energy into correcting your situation?

Is it a real thing?

I assumed it was some tiny little fringe thing that is so deliciously terrible it has been latched onto an radically exaggerated because who doesn't want to believe there are people ever more pathetic than themselves?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2019, 10:20:24 AM
I mean maybe things are different at your church but I would rather people go to church because they want to be religious and spiritual not because they want to get laid.

Less get laid, but I do note there seems an increasing trend for people going to church to be more motivated by community et al than actual belief. I can see the appeal of it, if you move to a small village then going to church just seems logical.

A related example I've an Indian friend here who is utterly irreligious, but he goes to temple nonetheless as its a place to hang out and mix with other Indians.
I used to know several Chinese people who didn't believe in anything religious, but went to church anyway as it was a good way to get involved in traditional British life that didn't involve drinking or any of that sort of thing, practice their English, etc...- preying on foreign students with a promise of free English classes is a mature recruitment driver from some churches.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on April 02, 2019, 03:22:16 PM
You fight fire with fire. So maybe you fight an old guy with a really old guy? The old woman thing didn't work last time.

If the Democrats want to nominate a Trump-type, maybe they can get Tom Dundon to run.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 05, 2019, 10:18:54 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2019, 10:04:50 AM
Or, you know, any sort of community or social group that is not celebrating and entrenching failure.

Popular culture is great at entertaining, very bad at giving dating and relationship advice.

I suppose, but I think there's probably something particularly special about going to a church in this context.

But anyways, the article wasn't hard to find if you're curious:

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2018/05/28/incel-advice-start-going-to-church/

Ok so this has been torturing me ever since you posted this and I just have to get it out:

I post hard (he posts hard) every day of the week
on that incel reddit
At the end (at the end of the day)
No ones posts get more upvoted than my own
But now I read
the national review
One day (someday) I'm going to church, Lord!

Find me somebody to fuck
find me somebody to fuck
find me somebody to fuck
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Sanders, Biden, Warren and Buttigieg in double digits

EDIT: Didn't realize this was only for Mass.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?