Who should the democrats pick to run against Trump

Started by jimmy olsen, April 01, 2019, 06:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should the democrats nominate to run against Trump?

Joe Biden
5 (12.2%)
Bernie Sanders
9 (22%)
Kamala Harris
5 (12.2%)
Beto O'Rourke
3 (7.3%)
Elizabeth Warren
4 (9.8%)
Amy Klobuchar
3 (7.3%)
Kirsten Gillibrand
0 (0%)
Cory Booker
2 (4.9%)
Pete Buttigieg
5 (12.2%)
Other
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2019, 10:29:57 AM
So it is more in that they are failing to recognize in which league they belong to then?

Why do you think they're so bitterly depressed?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on April 05, 2019, 10:33:18 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2019, 10:20:24 AM
I mean maybe things are different at your church but I would rather people go to church because they want to be religious and spiritual not because they want to get laid.

Well first, the "incels should go to church" idea isn't that they'll get laid - it's that they'll get married.

Only frigid women want incels? :o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2019, 04:05:17 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 04, 2019, 03:49:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2019, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2019, 02:47:02 PM
They usually do. The whole hate for women thing tends to lead to ideologies that hate women.
And then there's the "Foreigners stealing our women!" trope.

Take Milo (please!).  He's clearly alt-right, but obviously not an incel.

Are you really claiming that the alt-right is defined by Milo so that unless a group has something in common with him they cannot possibly be alt-right?

No.

I said that the alt-right and incels are different, but with some overlap.  An overlapping venn diagram if you will.  I pointed to Milo as an example of  an alt-right person who is obviously not an incel, given his flamboyant homosexuality.

Ok, so what is your objection to the observation that incels are also alt right?

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2019, 10:30:43 AM
I mean maybe things are different at your church but I would rather people go to church because they want to be religious and spiritual not because they want to get laid.

I go to church to look at art and sculpture and architecture. :nerd:

:thumbsup:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 05, 2019, 10:39:50 AM
Ok, so what is your objection to the observation that incels are also alt right?

My observation was that while some incels may be alt-right, others may not.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on April 05, 2019, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2019, 08:48:48 AM
Incels are just nerds that should really start going to a retrograde Church so they can find the servant/slave women they think they deserve.

I read an article in NRO on that exact theme - not that they'll find a servant/slave woman, but that going to church and involving themselves in the community they would find a wife.

Problem with incels though, from what I can tell (and I don't really spend much effort wanting to learn about them) is they come across that they don't want a wife and partner - they want easy, casual sex promised to them by popular culture.

That seems bizarre.  One would think they'd take it any way they can get it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2019, 11:23:18 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 05, 2019, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2019, 08:48:48 AM
Incels are just nerds that should really start going to a retrograde Church so they can find the servant/slave women they think they deserve.

I read an article in NRO on that exact theme - not that they'll find a servant/slave woman, but that going to church and involving themselves in the community they would find a wife.

Problem with incels though, from what I can tell (and I don't really spend much effort wanting to learn about them) is they come across that they don't want a wife and partner - they want easy, casual sex promised to them by popular culture.

That seems bizarre.  One would think they'd take it any way they can get it.

Well they're fairly bizarre people.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 05, 2019, 10:35:05 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2019, 10:29:57 AM
So it is more in that they are failing to recognize in which league they belong to then?

Why do you think they're so bitterly depressed?

Because they are idiots that are not pragmatic or practical.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

I was just reading about Salvador Dalí.  It seems that he was something of an incel before meeting Gala; which is why almost all his paintings from 1927-1930 deal with auto-eroticism.  (Naturally this has led many art historians to conclude that Dalí was a repressed homosexual.  Personally, I think he was looking for attention; but that's why I'm not an art historian.)  So we could reduce the worst excesses of incelness and make a profit by selling them art supplies and Freudian texts.  Who's in?

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2019, 10:30:43 AM

I go to church to look at art and sculpture and architecture. :nerd:

You don't find much of that worth looking at in Texas churches :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Threviel on April 05, 2019, 08:16:38 AM

And aren't most prostitutes males geared towards male customers?

My understanding is that the vast majority of prostitutes are females serving male customers.  Male prostitutes serving male customers isn't exactly rare, but it's not the norm.  Male prostitutes serving female customers is very rare (and most gigolos probably aren't really male prostitutes exactly;  they're more the male equivalent of a gold digger).  Female prostitutes serving female customers is very, very rare.  But I certainly don't have any experience or expertise in the area, so I may be wrong.

Barrister would probably know more about this than any other poster here.

derspiess

I'm thinking most female prostitutes will serve anyone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: dps on April 05, 2019, 12:28:50 PM
Quote from: Threviel on April 05, 2019, 08:16:38 AM

And aren't most prostitutes males geared towards male customers?

My understanding is that the vast majority of prostitutes are females serving male customers.  Male prostitutes serving male customers isn't exactly rare, but it's not the norm.  Male prostitutes serving female customers is very rare (and most gigolos probably aren't really male prostitutes exactly;  they're more the male equivalent of a gold digger).  Female prostitutes serving female customers is very, very rare.  But I certainly don't have any experience or expertise in the area, so I may be wrong.

Barrister would probably know more about this than any other poster here.

I'm not in the vice portfolio, but when it comes to actual charges 100% I've only ever seen female sex workers and male johns.

It's possible because thats because of police bias - I wouldn't be shocked if there is some level of gay male sex work going on, but just not being investigated.  But we also have these weird laws now where prostitution itself is legal, but paying for sex is not.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2019, 12:36:51 PM

What if a female prostitute refuses to serve a gay wedding? Is that legal?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2019, 12:36:51 PM

Probably, but how many lesbians are going to hire one?  I mean, maybe that goes on more than I'd suspect.