Pdx to publish Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 in 2020

Started by Syt, March 22, 2019, 02:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

If I can't take over the local city council via mind control, what use is the game?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

I imagine that once you diablerize your way to full vampire status you will have access to more powers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

So off the back of the release being delayed...

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/19/21376269/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-writer-director-fired-hardsuit-labs-paradox-interactive

QuoteLead writer and director fired from Vampire: The Masquerade — Bloodlines 2

The publisher and developer of Vampire: The Masquerade — Bloodlines 2 have fired the game's creative director and lead writer, and it doesn't sound like it was an amicable departure.

Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs announced the dismissals in a blog post on Wednesday, saying that Brian Mitsoda, who was also lead writer of the original 2004 game, and director Ka'ai Cluney "are no longer part of the team at Hardsuit Labs."

"This was a joint decision made by the leadership of Hardsuit Labs and Paradox Interactive," the statement said.

Mitsoda, in a statement to Rock, Paper, Shotgun, called the changes an unpleasant surprise. "That this came as a shock to me is underselling it," Mitsoda said, noting his five years of work on the game. "I'm incredibly disappointed and frustrated to say that this is where it ends for me on the project."

"I was not part of the conversations that led to the decision to delay production," Mitsoda said. He was fired July 16. "To my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development."

Hardsuit Labs announced on Aug. 11 that Vampire: The Masquerade — Bloodlines 2 was delayed into 2021. The studio said it needed more time to complete a stable and polished product. Bloodlines 2 will launch on PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One, with versions for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X also in development.

Polygon reached out to a Paradox Interactive representative to ask for further comment on why Mitsoda and Cluney were dismissed. The publisher declined to comment.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

viper37

I guess there were budget overruns and Paradox didn't held confidence in them to reign in the expenses.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Not surprising.  It seems like this is a cursed IP to work on, between this, the problems with Bloodlines, Kindred: The Embraced's main character being killed in a motorcycle accident, etc.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Well this game does violate the masquerade. The Ventrue are probably behind this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Habbaku

Quote from: viper37 on August 20, 2020, 11:05:14 AM
I guess there were budget overruns and Paradox didn't held confidence in them to reign in the expenses.

I would like to reign in expenses one day. King of Mammon.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2020, 11:10:01 AM
Well this game does violate the masquerade. The Ventrue are probably behind this.

"Creative differences" and the like strikes me more as a Toreador thing.  :hmm:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PDH

There were creative differences between me and the ex-wife...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

celedhring

grumbler

Quote from: celedhring on August 21, 2020, 12:26:40 PM
Did you see yourself as alive while she saw you dead?

"The difference between a married man and a dead man is that a dead man doesn't wish he was married."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!