Our family was asked to be a Numeris (think Canadian Neilsen ratings) family

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2019, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Sounds like a PITA for $10, even putting aside privacy concerns.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on March 10, 2019, 02:27:14 PM
No. Why the hell would you?

To demonstrate our support for various media that we like? :unsure:

Plus, you know, for the experience of it?

Anyways I signed us up yesterday.  The monitors should show up in the next week or two.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Actually they showed up today.  Together with a nice, crisp $20 bill.

It's an interesting system.  It's a little device, maybe the size of an old-fashioned pager, you wear or carry in a pocket.  When you carry it around you earn points, which in turn helps you earn your extra $5/month plus chances at some draws or prizes.  Very gamified.  The device even shows you how many points you are earning.

What I found amusing is they ask you to sign a confidentiality agreement.  You're not to tell anyone you're a Numeris household! :o (luckily I haven't signed it yet :shifty:).  I doubt I'll just mysteriously tell people I'm part of a "research project" like they suggest, but yeah I guess I shouldn't mention it on Facebook.

But really surprised they expect me to get my five year old to sign this agreement.  I guess I'll do it, just for the amusement of seeing him scrawl "JOSHUA", potentially with some backwards letters.

I actually listen to a fair bit of radio on my phone via downloaded podcasts from earlier in the day.  That can actually count, but I have to wire in my phone, to the device, and then to my headphones.  Not sure if I'm going to follow through with that or not.  As far as the points are concerned they only care if you are wearing it, not that you are necessarily listening to anything.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Syt

Does this only track broadcast TV/radio behavior, or does it include streaming services?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Numeris does track it, I don't know if they use BBs method for it tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

Quote from: Maladict on March 14, 2019, 02:52:30 AM
Your whole family has to carry a pager for $10/month?  :blink:

You just need to wear a wireless device close to your balls. No biggie.