Donald Trump's Russia and Vladimir Purtin's America

Started by mongers, March 08, 2019, 09:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on March 08, 2019, 12:48:35 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2019, 12:46:24 PM
Alternatively, Trump in Russia could become a Boris Yeltsin type figure:  a decomposing buffoon propped up by shadoey figures.

But that's what we all thought Trump was going to be like during the election.  Turns out Trump really thinks he is smart and won't defer to anyone.

Yeah, but one of the things we have found out about Trump is that he's a coward.  He can't actually tell people to their face that they are fired.  He needs someone else to do it. Trump has dealt with organized crime before, he always deferred.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 08, 2019, 02:09:35 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 08, 2019, 01:58:11 PM
No, but I think he's shrewd enough to alter his behavior to the circumstances he's in.

Exactly, in your scenario he alters his behavior to act like an American politician - kind of defeats the exercise of the thought experiment.
Well, he would have had to have been born in America to become president, so I guess his pregnant mother fled to America in this scenario back in 1952. I imagine he would have been a more ruthless Nixon type of guy if he managed to become president.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."