News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Need a new phone

Started by Tamas, November 11, 2018, 03:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

My iPhone 5s is literally falling apart after 5 years. The flashlight hasn't been working since I had a bunch of Asians replace the battery that had had it's life reduced to a few hours. It has had increasingly weird behaviours and now it is coming apart at the seams.

I am thinking of picking up a very good condition second-hand Huawei Mate 9. It is from the same online store that my wife got her current phone, they seem quite reliable.

Any opinions on it?

Alternative, I guess, is Samsung Galaxy 8, or the Google Pixel XL

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on November 11, 2018, 03:38:29 PM
My iPhone 5s is literally falling apart after 5 years. The flashlight hasn't been working since I had a bunch of Asians replace the battery that had had it's life reduced to a few hours. It has had increasingly weird behaviours and now it is coming apart at the seams.

I am thinking of picking up a very good condition second-hand Huawei Mate 9. It is from the same online store that my wife got her current phone, they seem quite reliable.

Any opinions on it?

Alternative, I guess, is Samsung Galaxy 8, or the Google Pixel XL

GSMArena.com is your friend, they seem to have relatively unbiased reviews.

Also this German originated site has a lot of in-depth smartphone reviews:
=10&typeArray[]=1]https://www.notebookcheck.net/Reviews.55.0.html?&items_per_page=500&hide_youtube=1&ns_show_num_normal=250&hide_external_reviews=1&tagArray[]=10&typeArray[]=1

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Thanks Mongers. This morning I have picked up a brand new Honor 8X

I am looking forward sharing all my details with China :)

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on November 12, 2018, 06:14:59 AM
Thanks Mongers. This morning I have picked up a brand new Honor 8X

I am looking forward sharing all my details with China :)

:D

Either that or google, little to choose between them?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

So far so good, although it's larger than I expected. It is a bit unwieldy to use at the moment, but already makes the iphone 5S feel miniscule, so I couldn't go back.