And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2018, 03:41:01 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on September 05, 2018, 03:29:24 PM
I'm one of those rabid Musk fanboys. Super disappointed that he can go off the rails like that  :(

Yeah me to. Dude needs to focus on what is important and get off social media.

It's really disappointing. Maybe he's having some kind of breakdown from the pressure he's under, but that's not much of an excuse.

Admiral Yi

I like Musk, but more importantly, I want my Tesla shares to rise.

Incidentally, dude is tubbier than I thought he was, based on this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr9kK0_7x08&t=344s

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on September 05, 2018, 03:02:09 PM
I find it surprising that a seemingly unbalanced individual like him can become CEO of a billion dollar enterprise.

Or president of the sole superpower...

He's kind of made from the Steve Jobs mold.  If he wasn't an egotistical SOB I doubt he'd have been able to founded two separate billion dollar companies that are trying to change the world.

I admire the heck out of the man, but he is not someone I'd really want to have a beer with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Yeah, I can see admiring his skills but I don't see how that translates to liking the man. He seems repugnant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

I think he may actually be mentally ill from overwork; apparently he has been working 120 hours per week; he needs to step back and take a break, maybe get some help.

The Larch

If we're into Musk gossipping, did you guys read the story about him being stoned off his mind when he tweeted about Tesla going off the stock exchange and considering some kind of share buyback, and then freaking the hell out when he realized he could be facing charges for that?

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on September 05, 2018, 04:05:58 PM
He's kind of made from the Steve Jobs mold.  If he wasn't an egotistical SOB I doubt he'd have been able to founded two separate billion dollar companies that are trying to change the world.

I admire the heck out of the man, but he is not someone I'd really want to have a beer with.

Kind of goes along with how most successful football coaches are absolute assholes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malicious Intent

He is known to often rely on medication (Ambien) to get some sleep. That drug can seriously mess you up.

Musk must really learn to reduce his workload, delegate more and take some time for himself. But then again, he would probably just found another company as a hobby, as he did with the Boring Company.

At SpaceX he has Gwynne Shotwell as COO, who complements him well and is very effective at running the business side of the company. No such person at Tesla.

The Minsky Moment

Not to mention Shotwell is the ideal name for a rocket company exec.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

PJL

Well if we're going down that route, then Musk is in the wrong business, he should be setting up a fragrance company

mongers

Quote from: Malicious Intent on September 06, 2018, 08:33:50 AM
He is known to often rely on medication (Ambien) to get some sleep. That drug can seriously mess you up.

Musk must really learn to reduce his workload, delegate more and take some time for himself. But then again, he would probably just found another company as a hobby, as he did with the Boring Company.

At SpaceX he has Gwynne Shotwell as COO, who complements him well and is very effective at running the business side of the company. No such person at Tesla.

Is his behaviour more or less repugnant that Rosanne Bar's 'drug induced' racism?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

QuoteTesla shares crash after Elon Musk smokes joint on live web show
Two senior executives quit electric carmaker as market value falls 8%

Malicious Intent

Link to the show below. I quickly stopped watching, found the host insufferable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPr5-27vSI

alfred russel

People are debating about Musk in terms of what kind of guy he is, but it seems like he is having a breakdown and needs some help.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on September 07, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
People are debating about Musk in terms of what kind of guy he is, but it seems like he is having a breakdown and needs some help.

Yeah that's not a bad theory to fit the observable facts.