News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on July 14, 2022, 10:46:08 AMFinance is, in part, about how fast you can get the information so you can act on it.  The other part lies in analyzing past information and how similar news will affect the stocks.

Bloomberg gave you that and so, so, much more.  You want to know why that stock dipped on 13-05-20?  Click on that date on the graph, it'll give all the news about the company.  Before that, you'd have to look manually through news article and find the relevant one on the relevant date.

Want to see if two stocks (or more) correlate to one another? A couple of clicks and its done.

Want to watch all news about XYZ Inc. and ABC Ltd as they come out?  Bloomberg will give you alert on these two companies in priority.

It was very much transformative.  Getting easy access to information is key to making profit in this industry.

If you were a trader waiting to se what the Bloomberg Terminal told you was happening, you were way, way behind the power curve.  That noise you heard was the programmed trading eating your lunch.

The Bloomberg Terminal is useful (and something like it is vital) to tweaking your programmed trading algorithms as circumstances dictate, but programmed trading existed before Bloomberg did and it was a varied group of university CS professors who, by and large, were the transformative agents in stock trading (first in digitizing the market and then in describing how programmed trading could beat even the best manual traders.  Bloomberg had the first-mover advantage when it came to presenting the information programmers needed, but that itself wasn't transformative.  If it wasn't Bloomberg it would have been some other company indistinguishable from Bloomberg.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

It seems like the serial baby making is a family tradition amongst the Musks...

QuoteElon Musk's dad, 76, confirms secret second child — with his stepdaughter

The Musk patriarch, 76, welcomed the baby girl with Jana, 35, back in 2019 — but only confirmed the news on Wednesday, bragging to the Sun: "The only thing we are on Earth for is to reproduce."

The two already share a 5-year-old boy, Elliot Rush, born in 2017.

Errol clearly shares his most famous son's hearty desire to procreate, with his admission coming just a week after it was revealed Elon fathered two children with an executive at his artificial intelligence company Neuralink, weeks before his second child with ex-girlfriend Grimes was born.

Errol admitted Jana's pregnancy was "unplanned" and told the publication that they are no longer living together, citing their 41-year age gap.

"It's not practical. She's 35," Errol declared. "Eventually if I'm still around, she might wind up back with me."

He added: "Any man who marries a [younger] woman, even if you feel very sprightly, it's going to be nice for a while, but there's a big gap ... and that gap is going to show itself."

The Musk family tree is complicated — and is growing more so by the day. Errol has seven children, while Elon has fathered 10 offspring.

Errol — who is a wealthy South African engineer — married model Maye Haldeman Musk in 1970, with whom he had three children: Elon, Kimbal and Tosca.

The couple split in 1979, before Errol went on to wed Heide Bezuidenhout, a young widow who already had two children, including Jana.

Errol and Heide had two biological children together, but he also helped raise Jana, who was just 4 years old when he became her stepfather. Errol and Heide eventually divorced after an 18-year marriage.

But the Musk family was subsequently stunned when Jana became pregnant with Errol's baby back in 2017. It led to a bitter falling out between Errol and Elon, with the Tesla CEO furious that his father had impregnated his stepsister.

Errol's other children were also "shocked" and uncomfortable about the surprise pregnancy.

"They still don't like it," Errol admitted in his new interview with the Sun. "They still feel a bit creepy about it, because she's their sister. Their half-sister."

Elon has not publicly commented on his father's latest baby admission. The pair are still estranged, with Elon describing his dad as a "terrible human being" in an interview with Rolling Stone.

Errol and Jana's son, born in 2017, is named Elliot Rush and is nicknamed "Rushi." Errol has not disclosed the name of their daughter, who was born in 2019.

Despite the fact they are no longer a couple, Errol said Jana and their two young children have come to stay at his home in Pretoria, South Africa.

"They spent a few days here about six months ago. And the kids were starting to get on my nerves," he candidly stated. "Then I miss them as soon as they have gone."

Errol admitted that he hadn't asked Jana for a paternity test to make sure he was the father of their now-3-year-old, saying: "I haven't checked her DNA. But she looks just like my other daughters ... So it's pretty obvious, you know."

However, the wealthy businessman stated that there are other women claiming that he has also fathered their children.

"I have about six people, women who claim that their child is my child right now. Obviously they are opportunists," he stated. "[But] there was a period in Johannesburg in the '80s that I was going out with a different woman every night. I had plenty of dates. So it's quite conceivable that one of them could actually come back and say, 'This is your child.' It's possible."

Meanwhile, the elderly patriarch says he hasn't ruled out the possibility of having more children in the future: "If I could have another child, I would. I can't see any reason not to."

Indeed, Errol (officially) has fewer children than his most famous son, Elon, 51, who is now a father of 10.

The Tesla CEO confirmed last week that he fathered twins with Shivon Zilis, a 36-year-old executive at his brain chip company Neuralink.

"Doing my best to help the underpopulation crisis," Musk tweeted out last Thursday. "A collapsing birth rate is the biggest danger civilization faces by far."

The twins — whose names have not been disclosed — were born just weeks before Musk welcomed his second child, Exa Dark Sideræl, with Canadian pop star Grimes.

Musk and Grimes also have 2-year-old son X Æ A-Xii.

The world's richest man first became a father back in 2002, welcoming a son named Nevada with then-wife Justine Wilson.

Tragically, the baby boy died just 10 weeks later from sudden infant death syndrome, or SIDS.

Elon and Justine went on to have five more children, twins Vivian and Griffin and triplets Kai, Saxon and Damian, before their divorce in 2008.

It's from the NY Post, so I don't know if this is fully beliveable...

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2022, 02:49:49 PMOf course it was a big deal in the 90s, but it wasn't like it just sprang from the ground it was exploding around 1988 and its 1988 IPO was a huge deal around here. That is where all the "Dellionaires" made their millions by jumping in early. Look I live in the area. I was there I think I know when Dell started to be a big deal. And I think it is a great company and I think Dell is a great business man. I think doing the built to order thing with little warehousing and phone/online sales was all great.

But come on. It is not like if Michael Dell never existed we would all be buying computers at Radio Shack and we would still be living like its 1985. It is not like built to order was some kind of revolutionary idea that he invented. He just applied it to computers. And it is not like everything else wasn't attempted to be sold online once the technology got there. He just was the first guy and he did it better. But what is revolutionary about selling computers? Selling things built to order? Doing it without a middle man? Nothing that hadn't already been done. He just put it together. And frankly the company is kind of dinosaur now, I mean people still need computers but so much is now done on phones and tablets. Time has moved on past Dell, though it obviously chugs along.

If Michael Dell truly was the revolutionary genius the people who worked at Dell claimed he was he would have been ahead of that curve. And that's all I am saying. I thought his worship by the employees in the company over the top.
sure, if he didn't do it, someone else would have come up with the idea, eventually.  Which is pretty much the same for everyone described as a genius: they were the first to think about it and then they were copied.

Elon Musk wasn't even the first to think about electric powered cars.  But he was the first to be successful at it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Musk wasn't the first to set up a private rocketship company either.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on July 14, 2022, 05:39:23 PMsure, if he didn't do it, someone else would have come up with the idea, eventually.  Which is pretty much the same for everyone described as a genius: they were the first to think about it and then they were copied.

Sure. I think Dell is awesome. I just thought the hero worship in the company went just a little too far.

QuoteElon Musk wasn't even the first to think about electric powered cars.  But he was the first to be successful at it.

Sure. He made it cool at a very critical time I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

It seems that not even Trump likes Musk that much either.

QuoteTrump Lashes Out at Elon Musk and 'Rotten' Twitter Deal
Former US president made the comments at a rally in Alaska
Trump follows Musk remarks by promoting own Truth Social site

Former US President Donald Trump had harsh words for billionaire Elon Musk at a rally in Alaska Saturday, accusing the Tesla Inc. chief of inconsistency.

Referring to Musk's recent pronouncement that he'd never voted Republican until this June, Trump said that contradicted with what Musk had told him. Trump followed with an expletive description of the world's richest man and voiced his judgment on the Twitter Inc. acquisition deal that Musk struck but has since decided to withdraw from, calling it "rotten."

QuoteTrump on Elon Musk: "You know, he said the other day, Oh, I've never voted for a Republican. I said, I didn't know that, he told me he voted for me. So he's another bullshit artist."

Trump's comments come in the wake of Musk expressing a leaning toward Ron DeSantis, currently the Florida governor and a favored Republican candidate for the 2024 presidential election. DeSantis is, so far, the strongest potential competitor to Trump for the Republican nomination, and Musk's influence -- now numbering over 100 million followers on Twitter alone -- could make his endorsement significant.

"I'm undecided at this point on that election," Musk said in a June 21 interview with Bloomberg News. He said he will commit $20 million to $25 million to support his chosen contender.

After stressing the importance of free speech online, Trump urged the crowd to join his own Truth Social, a network closely modeled on Twitter's interface and functionality where the retweet button has been replaced with a "retruth" option.

Josquius

Trump was excited to be unbanned I guess. Had already gone over a million times the gloating posts he would make.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on July 17, 2022, 06:14:26 AMTrump was excited to be unbanned I guess. Had already gone over a million times the gloating posts he would make.

Well, maybe that and the fact that he also launched his own Twitter knock off (with blackjack and hookers!).

Legbiter

I think the success of Musk is highly contingent, all of his companies and life in general seems to always be teetering on the edge of catastrophe. :hmm: But his reusable rockets are a major blessing, he's a big player in carbon sequestering projects and driving the switch to electrical vehicles. The constant whiny and gossipy asshurt he causes English speaking online progressives seems to be because of his penchant for shitposting and his slightly heterodox views away from whatever is trending that week on Twitter.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Quote from: Legbiter on July 17, 2022, 11:54:04 AMI think the success of Musk is highly contingent, all of his companies and life in general seems to always be teetering on the edge of catastrophe. :hmm: But his reusable rockets are a major blessing, he's a big player in carbon sequestering projects and driving the switch to electrical vehicles. The constant whiny and gossipy asshurt he causes English speaking online progressives seems to be because of his penchant for shitposting and his slightly heterodox views away from whatever is trending that week on Twitter.

Slightly heterodox views? :/

And no. There's far more than that though it would be convenient if that's all it was.
For all the good stuff his companies do there's a lot of snake oil also. The boring company stuff is just painful.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Legbiter on July 17, 2022, 11:54:04 AMI think the success of Musk is highly contingent, all of his companies and life in general seems to always be teetering on the edge of catastrophe. :hmm: But his reusable rockets are a major blessing, he's a big player in carbon sequestering projects and driving the switch to electrical vehicles. The constant whiny and gossipy asshurt he causes English speaking online progressives seems to be because of his penchant for shitposting and his slightly heterodox views away from whatever is trending that week on Twitter.

Accusing a person who risked their life to rescue boys trapped in a cave of being a pedophile does not fit well into your narrative

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2022, 08:57:15 AM

Accusing a person who risked their life to rescue boys trapped in a cave of being a pedophile does not fit well into your narrative

I mean accusing the man of being a pedo wasn't what had been trending until he said it...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Yeah, it was the "you're a pedo because you don't think my cave submarine attention whoring is a good thing" thing that put Musk across the line for me. Nothing about left or right or politics, just that the man is not decent.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on July 18, 2022, 10:34:38 AMYeah, it was the "you're a pedo because you don't think my cave submarine attention whoring is a good thing" thing that put Musk across the line for me. Nothing about left or right or politics, just that the man is not decent.

I created a thread on him because of that. -_- :cheers:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

He also (allegedly) assaulted a flight attendant and then got SpaceX to pay her off.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.