News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I'm fairly shocked to be honest.  In the inevitable lawsuit over the "pedo guy" Twitter insult, jury finds for Musk:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/12/jury-sides-with-elon-musk-in-pedo-guy-defamation-case/

Not that I thought the plaintiff would get the many millions he was seeking, but I thought he'd probably get something.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Defamation cases are tough to win in the US.

Pro tip: if you want to prevail as a Plaintiff, try to avoid starting the conversation by proposing the other party shove a submarine up his ass.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on September 05, 2018, 03:43:49 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on September 05, 2018, 03:29:24 PM
I'm one of those rabid Musk fanboys. Super disappointed that he can go off the rails like that  :(

I'm not a fan of any of his movies, but what he did for those kids with muscular dystrophy is God's work.

This was a reference to a TV show from the 1990's called The Critic.  What I don't understand is why I thought it would be a good idea to bring that up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Zoupa is French, therefore you brought up Jerry Lewis, the patron saint of French comedy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 07, 2019, 08:41:26 PM
Zoupa is French, therefore you brought up Jerry Lewis, the patron saint of French comedy.

What? :mellow:

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 07, 2019, 08:41:26 PM

I didn't think anyone else remembered that show.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

And now after filing his lawsuit against Alameda County having more stringent lockdown measures than California, he's now literally calling for the police to arrest him as he has Tesla re-open in defiance of Alameda County.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Musk is a douche, but most geniuses are jerks, so it's not surprising
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/14/trump-and-musk-two-unstable-geniuses-compared_partner/

QuoteTrump and Musk: Two unstable geniuses compared
Recognizing what constitutes reality is a minimum job requirement for any leader.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

That is a stupid article, and I haven't even read it. The title alone makes me certain the author is definitely dumber than one of their subjects, and possibly both.

Musk is most certainly a genius if you define it was some kind of incredibly intelligent person with unique drive, talent, and vision. He is also a douchebag, and you can make a good argument about his stability or lack thereof.

Trump is not a genius, and nobody other than himself would even claim he might be one. He isn't even of average intelligence. Comparing him to Musk doesn't even fucking make sense. Why not compare him to, I don't know, a great quarterback or some artist? Maybe we could write an article about how he compares to Brad Pitt or Taylor Swift while we are at it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 14, 2020, 06:35:53 AM
Musk is a douche, but most geniuses are jerks, so it's not surprising
It's not that they're jerks, it's just that dealing with stupid people all day long every day can really wear on you after a while.  :(

The Larch

Quote from: Berkut on May 14, 2020, 08:02:42 AMTrump is not a genius, and nobody other than himself would even claim he might be one.

The article is not amazing, yeah, but it says that Trump is a genious swindler, which is a point worth defending, not a genious full stop.  :P It's not really a praise of Trump.

The Brain

Trump isn't a genius swindler. He's a disgusting floater in a toilet bowl of retard.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on May 14, 2020, 08:52:38 AM
Trump isn't a genius swindler. He's a disgusting floater in a toilet bowl of retard.
You can't argue with his success at swindling, he managed to swindle up all the way to presidency.  I still think that he's a lucky moron whose idiocy just happens to brainwash many people he comes across without him ever having any idea as to how he accomplishes it.  He's an idiot savant cult leader.

Josquius

There's different types of intelligence, and Trump is definitely someone who has min/maxed his character.
██████
██████
██████