News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Soros, compared to the big dogs, isn't even all that rich. If some middling billionaire can control the world we might as well just crown Bezos global emperor now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

The complaint about Soros is that he's spent some money on supporting liberal democratic institutions in places across the world, is that right?

Tamas

Quote from: Jacob on May 16, 2023, 11:25:26 AMThe complaint about Soros is that he's spent some money on supporting liberal democratic institutions in places across the world, is that right?

His financing of NGOs doing that is the basis for the conspiracy theories I think, yes. Which to be fair is understandable from the point of the dictators of the world - the guy IS using his money and influence to thwart their goals.

Although he also financed the young Orban, so he can make mistakes.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on May 16, 2023, 11:25:26 AMThe complaint about Soros is that he's spent some money on supporting liberal democratic institutions in places across the world, is that right?

Yeah but if his amount of money being given to a few causes can control the world then the world is incredibly vulnerable to every rich person on the planet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on May 16, 2023, 11:35:49 AMAlthough he also financed the young Orban, so he can make mistakes.

Well that is gratitude for you.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2023, 12:04:36 PMYeah but if his amount of money being given to a few causes can control the world then the world is incredibly vulnerable to every rich person on the planet.

Well yeah... but Soros (I think but am not sure, which is why I'm asking) is attempting to support democratic institutions and governance and a general liberal world order which isn't that common. Aren't most billionaires who give money either doing more apolitical stuff (like fighting malaria), being more targetted (buying politicians for specific influence reasons), or supporting reactionary agendas?

I mean, I'm running mostly on vague impressions here, but I thought Soros was putting effort into supporting civil society and democracy on a more principled level which I understand to be fairly rare?

Valmy

Sure but if it is possible for one billionaire, not a particularly exceptional one among many, to be this shadowy force controlling the world simply by giving what I assume is a small percentage of his fortune to a few NGOs as the conspiracy theories allege...then surely the only logical conclusion is all billionaires should be destroyed.

Warren Buffet could easily be a world wide puppet master just by sending out a rounding error of his fortune if this conspiracy theory is to be believed. Has Elon thought this through? Because he should have his fortunate confiscated if he is correct in his claim in order to save the world from what could be done with hit. He is basically claiming he has a civil nuclear weapon and only though his personal goodwill has decided not to use it.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2023, 01:03:36 PMSure but if it is possible for one billionaire, not a particularly exceptional one among many, to be this shadowy force controlling the world simply by giving what I assume is a small percentage of his fortune to a few NGOs as the conspiracy theories allege...then surely the only logical conclusion is all billionaires should be destroyed.

Warren Buffet could easily be a world wide puppet master just by sending out a rounding error of his fortune if this conspiracy theory is to be believed. Has Elon thought this through? Because he should have his fortunate confiscated if he is correct in his claim in order to save the world from what could be done with hit. He is basically claiming he has a civil nuclear weapon and only though his personal goodwill has decided not to use it.

Well the explanation is (perhaps it was Orban himself explaining) that Soros is the frontman of a "group of people".

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on May 16, 2023, 02:00:45 PMWell the explanation is (perhaps it was Orban himself explaining) that Soros is the frontman of a "group of people".

Damn. Foiled by unfalsifiable claims once again.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tamas on May 16, 2023, 02:00:45 PMWell the explanation is (perhaps it was Orban himself explaining) that Soros is the frontman of a "group of people".

G-Damn last name palindrome people.  Those guys are truly evil.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on May 16, 2023, 02:00:45 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2023, 01:03:36 PMSure but if it is possible for one billionaire, not a particularly exceptional one among many, to be this shadowy force controlling the world simply by giving what I assume is a small percentage of his fortune to a few NGOs as the conspiracy theories allege...then surely the only logical conclusion is all billionaires should be destroyed.

Well the explanation is (perhaps it was Orban himself explaining) that Soros is the frontman of a "group of people".

:yes:
Bill Gates, The Clintons (why they're still so hated is bizzare), Epstein, Barney the dinosaur, so on.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

So in an interview with CNBC Musk says
- working from home is mandatory in his companies because it's more productive, but it's also morally wrong because service workers have to show up in person
- there's no proof that the Texas shooter was a white supremacist; asked about the shooter's social media accounts full of posts to that effect, he said that they were found by Bellingcat who's known to do psyops and therefore probably fabricated
- he doesn't believe Biden stole the election but that there was fraud
- he will keep saying what he wants even if it costs him money
- his comments about Soros were not anti-semitic, and if anything he's pro-semitic, also: FREE SPEECH
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

50 more just like him. That's the ticket.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2023, 12:55:12 AM- there's no proof that the Texas shooter was a white supremacist; asked about the shooter's social media accounts full of posts to that effect, he said that they were found by Bellingcat who's known to do psyops and therefore probably fabricated

What would he consider proof?

Hamilcar

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2023, 12:55:12 AMSo in an interview with CNBC Musk says
- working from home is mandatory in his companies because it's more productive, but it's also morally wrong because service workers have to show up in person
- there's no proof that the Texas shooter was a white supremacist; asked about the shooter's social media accounts full of posts to that effect, he said that they were found by Bellingcat who's known to do psyops and therefore probably fabricated
- he doesn't believe Biden stole the election but that there was fraud
- he will keep saying what he wants even if it costs him money
- his comments about Soros were not anti-semitic, and if anything he's pro-semitic, also: FREE SPEECH

Nobody other than NFT scams will ever advertise on the bird app ever again.