News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 13, 2023, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2023, 03:13:28 PMNot exactly a denial there Elon  :hmm:

It's not only an admission, but a truly damning one.

Because my answer would clearly be that it's better for twitter to be banned entirely than to have it available only for government sources with opposition sources throttled.

Where's the profit in that? Shareholder value!

Especially important when musk is the shareholder :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Hamilcar

Just more proof that the whole "free speech" thing is pure hypocrisy.

Valmy

Musk seems to assume that Erdogan is going to win so there is no future risk of helping him take down his opponents.

Of course is Erdogan does end up being out of office by whatever means and the opposition takes over then suddenly his decision to take a side in Turkish politics would backfire. We'll see whose brain fell out of their head.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Hamilcar on May 13, 2023, 03:59:21 PMJust more proof that the whole "free speech" thing is pure hypocrisy.

Not that we needed any more proof.

I haven't seen him try to practice his "free speech" con in a while (nopt that I'm looking) so I was wondering if even he realizes how lacking that con was.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Hamilcar

HVC

For most others I'd assume antisemitism, but for Elmo it could very well be deep seated jealous of Soros
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Hamilcar

Quote from: HVC on May 15, 2023, 09:57:26 PMFor most others I'd assume antisemitism, but for Elmo it could very well be deep seated jealous of Soros

So where does he hate Gates? Bezos?

Soros hate has a 100% overlap with antisemitism.

HVC

Not sure about bezos, but he has gone after gates too.

*edit* this is the same guy that called a rescuer a pedo because he was outshined.  He has some issues beyond just being a dick.

Hamilcar

I reported the tweet for antisemitism. Not holding my breath

HVC

Quote from: Hamilcar on May 15, 2023, 10:16:21 PMI reported the tweet for antisemitism. Not holding my breath

You're going to get banned for disparaging the leader :P

DGuller

I think Soros villanization has transcended antisemitism.  The original conspiracy theory was a dog whistle, but now it's just one of many idiocies that susceptible minds accept without question or awareness.  I remember some years ago at my extended family gathering how some of my Trumpist Jewish relatives were quoting some Soros conspiracy theories; they weren't self-hating Jews, they were just brainwashed zombie Jews.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on May 15, 2023, 10:56:53 PMI think Soros villanization has transcended antisemitism.  The original conspiracy theory was a dog whistle, but now it's just one of many idiocies that susceptible minds accept without question or awareness.  I remember some years ago at my extended family gathering how some of my Trumpist Jewish relatives were quoting some Soros conspiracy theories; they weren't self-hating Jews, they were just brainwashed zombie Jews.

Definitely. But then thats a tonne of modern anti semitism really. The real anti semites lie at the core of it but they're clever enough to know just screaming death to the Jews isn't going to work so they mask it in such a way that a lot of people will lap it up not realising what it is.
They're really big on purposfully muddying the waters with valid Israel criticism for instance.
Its dying down now but a big one in recent years has been screeching about metropolitan liberal elites...

edit- and is if on cue here's another one that has been popular with idiots in recent times...
https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/tory-mp-condemned-for-using-cultural-marxism-slur-in-conference-speech/
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Oh yes. For about a decade the Hungarian parlance was "international finance circles" (as in, groups). It was a very wink-wink term and neatly channeled anti-globalism feelings into antisemitism.

celedhring

Well, the whole "jews secretly run the world" thing was the first version of anti-globalism.