News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PJL

Wouldn't say always but certainly this year onwards.

Barrister

Quote from: PJL on December 20, 2022, 01:02:26 PMWouldn't say always but certainly this year onwards.

While I think Musk has always had some redeeming features, he's always been a douche.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PJL

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2022, 01:03:29 PM
Quote from: PJL on December 20, 2022, 01:02:26 PMWouldn't say always but certainly this year onwards.

While I think Musk has always had some redeeming features, he's always been a douche.

Bit surprised you are saying that, thought you would be more forgiving of his bad side, especially his business practices. But yes it's always been there but until this year I think he was still a net positive for humanity.

Barrister

Quote from: PJL on December 20, 2022, 01:09:19 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2022, 01:03:29 PM

Bit surprised you are saying that, thought you would be more forgiving of his bad side, especially his business practices. But yes it's always been there but until this year I think he was still a net positive for humanity.

I think reasonable people can disagree with whether Elon Musk has been a net positive or net negative for humanity.

But I think everyone surely has to agree he has a lot of negatives on that ledger that need balancing out.

I mean - he named one of his kids "X Æ A-12" - that's worth a lot of minus points just there alone!

Grey Fox

He stole Grimes from us. He deserves all ills.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2022, 01:13:32 PMI mean - he named one of his kids "X Æ A-12" - that's worth a lot of minus points just there alone!

Poor kid. Doomed from birth.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2022, 11:38:17 AMMaybe this is a Canadian-only thing, but I could have sworn that when there's a controlling shareholder, there's a requirement that there needs to be a "majority of the minority" vote in favour.
No, not legally.  A corporation could have specific statutes for this though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on December 20, 2022, 02:38:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2022, 11:38:17 AMMaybe this is a Canadian-only thing, but I could have sworn that when there's a controlling shareholder, there's a requirement that there needs to be a "majority of the minority" vote in favour.
No, not legally.  A corporation could have specific statutes for this though.

No, I'm positive of it.

Lets say you're a 51% shareholder of company A.  You make a buyout offer of Company A by Company B, which you also control.

In Canada at least you must get the approval of a majority of the 49% shareholders of Company A.

What I can't recall is if that is right there in statues (the various Business Corporation Acts), or it if has just developed through caselaw as being the way to ensure you've met your fiduciary responsibilities.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on December 20, 2022, 02:35:50 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2022, 01:13:32 PMI mean - he named one of his kids "X Æ A-12" - that's worth a lot of minus points just there alone!

Poor kid. Doomed from birth.

He's an American. You all have dumb names anyway and, like the Brits, use nicknames.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 20, 2022, 02:33:23 PMHe stole Grimes from us. He deserves all ills.

Aren't they separated?

He actually had to change that, as it went against California's naming laws. It was changed to X Æ A-Xii, though...

His next daughter is called Exa Dark Sideræl, if you want to add it to his list of sins.

Jacob

Why is he so into Danish/Norwegian vowels?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on December 20, 2022, 03:17:44 PMWhy is he so into Danish/Norwegian vowels?

It's worse.

The boy's name is some kind of sciencey term.

I believe the girl's name comes from elvish.  Yup, Tolkein's elvish.  (or at least the last part of it)

Legbiter

Quote from: Jacob on December 20, 2022, 03:17:44 PMWhy is he so into Danish/Norwegian vowels?

Sideræl is not something a sane Norwegian would name their daughter. In Norwegian it means something of low quality that's been tossed aside. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.