News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

But of course when social medias dabbling in elections finally gets serious action taken against it, it will be against the left.  :lol:
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

The hyping up on Twitter of the so-called "Twitter Files" by the likes of Bari Weiss, Matt Taibi, et al is extremely nauseating.  :wacko:

The wheels really are off
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 09, 2022, 06:18:58 PMThe hyping up on Twitter of the so-called "Twitter Files" by the likes of Bari Weiss, Matt Taibi, et al is extremely nauseating.  :wacko:

The wheels really are off

I hang out at this big Discord channel about stock trading. Bunch of young guys mostly, I think. Many of them lap up all the ring wing bullshit, to varying degree. Some seem like reasonably alright kids just gullible to the whole "OMG freedoms" thing, thinking everything sounding anti-authority must be true (and some are just racist bastards).

So anyways today they were big on these twitter files thing.

Valmy

What stupid ass thing is the Twitter files?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

I gotta say, I feel my quality of life has gotten a lot better after I stopped checking Twitter daily.

celedhring

My interaction with twitter has always been limited to a few selected accounts that have a habit of retweeting random comedy stuff that I often like. Then this year I started following some Ukraine war accounts that I find reliable, but that's about it. My last own tweet is from 2014  :lol: 

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2022, 12:58:59 AMWhat stupid ass thing is the Twitter files?

Musk selectively releasing chat logs and emails and screenshots of moderation actions against far right fruitcakes.

There are some cases I think of real shadowbanning when people's tweets were pushed into the background without them being informed about it, but also e.g. the latest "leak" I believe are the internal discussions around whether they should ban Trump after the insurrection or not - shocking revelation of pros and cons weighed before a decision is made.

Zanza

Also Musk announcing a policy of shadow banning:

Admiral Yi

And this file is in his possession and he is talking about publishing it?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2022, 03:30:11 AMAnd this file is in his possession and he is talking about publishing it?

He is currently giving internal docs to two writers who are releasing bits.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I just read the new Twitter policy and I must say that sounds like a fucking righteous policy.

Josquius

Works for random nuts but for those with big followings it does little to impact their ability to break the law using twitter.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on December 10, 2022, 06:34:17 AMWorks for random nuts but for those with big followings it does little to impact their ability to break the law using twitter.

Max deboosted it seems to me means unsearchable.  That's death.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2022, 07:13:23 AM
Quote from: Josquius on December 10, 2022, 06:34:17 AMWorks for random nuts but for those with big followings it does little to impact their ability to break the law using twitter.

I think those promoting Twitter files are bemoaning about prior leadership doing such things while Musk has brought in similar policies. His rhetoric notwithstanding.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2022, 07:15:49 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2022, 07:13:23 AM

I think those promoting Twitter files are bemoaning about prior leadership doing such things while Musk has brought in similar policies. His rhetoric notwithstanding.

Has he? The whole thing seems to be running off his mood swings and twitter polls.