Teens hate online ads,twitter,paying for music; prefer going to movies, concerts

Started by Syt, July 15, 2009, 12:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: katmai on July 15, 2009, 05:16:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 15, 2009, 05:12:05 PM

No more Tacomas? :cry:

Well considering the odds of a crackpot from b.f.a. controlling the world, i'd safe you can keep buying Tacomas till the end of time.
Were I to take over, Toyota would immediately start producing ads about how indomitable the ethnic Albertan spirit is, and how much they support marching and armbands.

Of course, their advertising agency would quickly be liquidated, and so the commercials wouldn't get very far into production, but it's the thought that counts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

new study: I hate teens and early twentysomethings. Also, they all need to get off lawns.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2009, 06:53:26 PM
new study: I hate teens and early twentysomethings. Also, they all need to get off lawns.

Believe me, I've no desire to be on your cheap ass lawn.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2009, 12:58:42 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 15, 2009, 12:55:31 PM
I think the point of advertising is subliminal, nobody ever thinks it works on them.

Actually I think advertising works on me. I can think of things that I likely would not have purchased had I not seen an ad that reminded me or notified me of the product's existence.

Yeah, but that's only limited to military gear and computer games.
I am in the market for a laptop before I deploy, and no advertisment have worked on me.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

QuoteA research note written by a 15-year-old Morgan Stanley intern that described his friends' media habits has generated a flurry of interest from media executives and investors.

We had a 15 year old "wunderkind" intern doing some spreadsheet and data work for us when I was with the consultancy firm a few years back, for a major multi-jurisdictional E911 communications center.
The fucker actually used Wiki as an annotated reference.
Fired.

Anyone under 18 must die, in most cases.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

What's FYP?

For Your Pain?
For You, Palin?
For Your Pleasure?
For Your Penis?
For Your Panties?
For Your Planet?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on July 16, 2009, 12:12:05 AM
What's FYP?

For Your Pain?
For You, Palin?
For Your Pleasure?
For Your Penis?
For Your Panties?
For Your Planet?

http://www.gaarde.org/Acronyms/

fixed your post
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Quote from: Strix on July 15, 2009, 01:31:18 PM
I somehow doubt that a 15 year old who works as an intern at a financial organization has his finger on the pulse of teenagedom.

And when does a teenager ever pay for anything? Their parents do.

I dunno. If I were to write that report I would come to fairly similar conclusions as I bet would the majority of teenagers and those who were recently so.

Teenagers' parents paying for things...Well yeah, mostly, but they do this  through pocket money. The teenager has £10 of his parents money to spend all week so he will be careful with it and spend it as if it were his own. Apart from pocket money most parents tend to just fund occasional extras like going to the cinema once in a blue moon and bus fair and whatnot.
██████
██████
██████