21 (44.7%)
Jaronomayor
9 (19.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2009, 09:42:04 PM
Hell no.  I'm serious, you guys.  You don't want a Latina on the USSC, "wise" or not.

Not even if she has big boobs?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2009, 09:31:51 PM
She is a Yankee fan?  Oh hell no.
Best argument against confirmation I have heard so far.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

She could have been a Red Sox 'tard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2009, 07:53:20 AM

She could have been a Red Sox 'tard.
That would be a plus for her!    :mad:

;)

Berkut

I certainly do not agree that she is "well qualified", but I would vote to confirm her.

She is almost certainly the most qualified female latina left wing liberal judge in the land though. So she gets the job.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

I expect her to be an activist judge and to legislate from the bench (despite her vehement denials this week), so I would indeed vote to confirm her.  I prefer to have judges legislating rather than actual legislators, since they seem to be less retarded and aren't beholden to the unwashed masses, due to never having to run for re-election.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2009, 08:21:58 AM
I expect her to be an activist judge and to legislate from the bench (despite her vehement denials this week), so I would indeed vote to confirm her.  I prefer to have judges legislating rather than actual legislators, since they seem to be less retarded and aren't beholden to the unwashed masses, due to never having to run for re-election.
I'd rather legislators debate and pass legislation, as is their job. The courts are to interpret the law, as is its job. I'd rather it works that way for the most part. The fact that legislators can be voted in or out for their decisions, though an imperfect system, I like better than someone with a lifetime appointment making rules/laws, and not being so accountable for their decisions, except the rare impeachment of judges.

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2009, 08:21:58 AM
I've come around to that view as well, sometime in late January.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 15, 2009, 09:19:22 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2009, 09:04:50 AM
elitist!

I bet he only dines at the ritzy gas stations! :angry:

The urinals MUST have a urinal cake in them.  :mad:

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on July 15, 2009, 08:12:47 AM
I certainly do not agree that she is "well qualified", but I would vote to confirm her.

She is almost certainly the most qualified female latina left wing liberal judge in the land though. So she gets the job.

Need to whiten up before being counted as qualified.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on July 15, 2009, 08:12:47 AM

They just need to use the same formula the courts placed on the Rochester City Police. You create three lists of candidates; a white one, a black one, and a female one. For every three white people hired off the list you must than hire a black and a female off their lists regardless of their qualifications in comparison to the white list.

It works for the public so why not the USSC?

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

hsilbud

Quote from: Strix on July 15, 2009, 12:37:34 PMThey just need to use the same formula the courts placed on the Rochester City Police. You create three lists of candidates; a white one, a black one, and a female one. For every three white people hired off the list you must than hire a black and a female off their lists regardless of their qualifications in comparison to the white list.

It works for the public so why not the USSC?

Ricci won his case, so good luck with that.