Operation Destroy the bed-wetting communist menace

Started by Habsburg, July 14, 2009, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Killed Kenny

Habsburg

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on July 15, 2009, 11:01:46 AM
It's OOB (Order Of Battle) :nerd:

Danke. 

For this one of my 3 division INF units shall be called "Kenny Korps".   Your unit will help with the push to Smolensk.   You shall then proceed to Baku.

late June 1940
France was a cake walk, I'm shopping at Chanel as I post.  Lunch at Hotel George V schpater, then on to Dior.

Armees gathering at Wilhemshaven und Klagenfurt for the JUL '40 assualts on UK und Die Jugoslavien. 

At this point all future 3div INF built w/o brigades (all my 4-5 skill Lt. Generals/Mj. Generals  have brigades  :cthulu:)

question:

What do you guys do when you've taken all the UK except the Scampa Flow thingy place?
Is it fair to just get an acceptall white peace?  Perhaps an acceptall demand of a colonial province?

Or hold on with no acceptall?

all answers considered.
I normally am able to occupy the whole of UK except that Scampy Flowing thingy.  At that point I'll acceptall a white peace with UK.  Italiens hate that.  :D

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habsburg on July 15, 2009, 01:38:37 PM

question:

What do you guys do when you've taken all the UK except the Scampa Flow thingy place?
Is it fair to just get an acceptall white peace?  Perhaps an acceptall demand of a colonial province?

all answers considered.
I normally am able to occupy the whole of UK except that Scampy Flowing thingy.  At that point I'll acceptall a white peace with UK.  Italiens hate that.  :D

Hold on. Break Scotland off as a puppet. Give NI back to the Irish. Then invade India via Iran.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habsburg

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2009, 02:29:03 PM

question:

all answers considered.

Hold on. Break Scotland off as a puppet. Give NI back to the Irish. Then invade India via Iran.

:mmm:

Me rikey.

Habsburg

Bonus for my readers:

when i goggled Tavu, I got this...

:mmm: :wub:

helpful note, google has little on Tannu Tava, it's all under Tavu.

Admiral Yi

Only brigades I ever build are SP artillery and MPs.  Keep and upgrade the foot artillery and engineers you start the game with.  Attach the engineers to 3 panzer divisions and form a super fast panzer korps.  Attach the artillery to inf divisions and form 2 heavy (slow) infanterie korps.

The Brain

Quote from: Habsburg on July 15, 2009, 04:46:33 PM
Bonus for my readers:

when i goggled Tavu, I got this...

:mmm: :wub:

For those who may not know that's hot Swedish actress Tuva Novotny. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637259/bio
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habsburg

Quote from: The Brain on July 15, 2009, 06:54:32 PM

For those who may not know that's hot Swedish actress Tuva Novotny. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637259/bio

:(

I thought she might be the President of Tannu Tava.

Norgy

question:

I believe you are referring not to Scapa Flow, Scampi Flows or Scraping Floods, but the little province called Stornoway, representing the wind-blown Western Isles where Norwegians settled. This province is a pain in the behind, mostly because the damn Commonwealth retreats with 10+ divisions and when the Americanos join, you suddenly have 50 divisions sitting around playing cards and eating cod.

The only ways to avoid this silliness are:
1) Use your panzers when rolling up Scotland. Cut them off in the mountain province by rolling over Aberdeen and then get there before them.
2) Move the Kriegsmarine to an adjacent sea province to Stornoway. You can then assault Stornoway. The problem is you have to deal with the Ghost Of The Royal Navy, which should be 70+ ships under Chatfield or similar, blowing the glorious Kriegsmarine to bits with WWI carriers.
3) Paras. Stony Road does make the invasion of the UK harder, and you may have to assault Wales by air to get a small port. If you have done so, move Student and his guys to Stornoway once you have a breather and have gotten your Sea Lion Taskforce ashore.

Habsburg

Quote from: Norgy on July 16, 2009, 02:24:53 AM

question:

I believe you are referring not to Scapa Flow, Scampi Flows or Scraping Floods, but the little province called Stornoway, representing the wind-blown Western Isles where Norwegians settled. This province is a pain in the behind, mostly because the damn Commonwealth retreats with 10+ divisions and when the Americanos join, you suddenly have 50 divisions sitting around playing cards and eating cod.

The only ways to avoid this silliness are:
1) Use your panzers when rolling up Scotland. Cut them off in the mountain province by rolling over Aberdeen and then get there before them.
2) Move the Kriegsmarine to an adjacent sea province to Stornoway. You can then assault Stornoway. The problem is you have to deal with the Ghost Of The Royal Navy, which should be 70+ ships under Chatfield or similar, blowing the glorious Kriegsmarine to bits with WWI carriers.
3) Paras. Stony Road does make the invasion of the UK harder, and you may have to assault Wales by air to get a small port. If you have done so, move Student and his guys to Stornoway once you have a breather and have gotten your Sea Lion Taskforce ashore.

Thanks Norgy, yes it's always a pain.  One moment there are 4 beat up UK divisions (no problem), next thing you know all of Anzac and Canada has resettled.  ;)

Oh well I guess given the amount of troops UK AI stations at home, something should be hard.

I've overtaken the Isle and working my way up Scotland as I post.  We'll see what happens.  :)

Ed Anger

Also, Occupied England is a great place to stash Himmler.

Habsburg

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 08:39:55 AM
Also, Occupied England is a great place to stash Himmler.

:(

Himmler, the little Austrian Mans, and Goebbels all had an "accident" at the neues Lubeck Aqua-Centre.  They all fell into a tank of Jelly-Fish.

I did hire Magda as a guide at the neues Stuttgart Motor Musee.  I somewhat admire her zeal.

Habsburg

Attn Readers.

Great News,

The Imperial Armee has vanquished the English menace.  The army occupies all England & Wales and threatens Scotland.  I do not care to go shopping or make a state visit.
I am excited because with the occupation we have gained the:

Olivia de Havilland Aircraft Company!!!  :w00t:

Die Jugoslavien is close to annexation.  Sud Armee is just outside Skopje and ready to enter Greece.  No shopping here either, though Zagreb (soon to be renamed properly Agram) is quite pretty.

We are quite pleased with the progress given it's only mid-October 1940.  :scots:

Ed Anger

If you had put off Sealion, you could have done a snap invasion of Russia in 1940, when they are much less ready for it.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?