News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2017 Week 1

Started by derspiess, September 07, 2017, 11:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on September 11, 2017, 10:02:46 PM
Derspiess, what is going on out there? Did the microsoft tablets fuck up and then none of the Bengal players knew what to do? Did someone tell the team it was January and they went into playoff mode?

:lol: Tablets worked fine.  As for Dalton and both Offensive Tackles, they are outside my area of responsibility.  Defense played well given the circumstances.

Worst performance of opening weekend had to go to the second Monday Night game announcing crew.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2017, 12:39:52 PM
You know there is something very therapeutic about this deadspin thing they do every year: http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-washington-redskins-1797971084

Sometimes when you live so far away you lose touch with just how loathsome your favorite team is. This fan, Drew, sums up my weird relationship with the club thusly:

QuoteSet aside every awful thing they have done, every contract they have botched, and the awful suburban DC fanbase. The thing that depresses me the most: if they ever reach the top of the sport and win the Super Bowl, I will have to watch Dan Snyder hold that trophy. As insane as it is, I literally don't know if that is worth it.

Yeah I don't think I could take that. If the Redskins ever miraculously ever did get back to the Super Bowl and they won I would have to turn it off because I couldn't watch the postgame and see Dan Snyder triumphant. He makes me wish Jerry Jones would buy the club from him.

And that fucker is going to be owner until I die.

That was hilarious. And accurate. At this point I take a perverse pleasure in following the Redskins and seeing how they manage to fuck everything up. It's a nice complement to watching the Capitals play well then blow it in the playoffs every year.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 13, 2017, 10:05:31 PM
That was hilarious. And accurate. At this point I take a perverse pleasure in following the Redskins and seeing how they manage to fuck everything up. It's a nice complement to watching the Capitals play well then blow it in the playoffs every year.

Well the difference is I actually love the Caps and want them to win and actually can muster it in my heart to be hurt when they lose and hate the Pittsburgh Penguins because I so desperately wish the Caps were like the Pens. Sure being a Caps fan sucks but at least it sucks for normal sports reasons. Those are at least fun. And hey the regular seasons are awesome.

With the Redskins I find myself feeling nostalgia for the 90s where sure the club was terrible and Norv Turner and Charlie Casserly were morons and Gus Frerotte was headbutting walls but at least I loved them. At least I hated the Cowboys and the Eagles and the Giants because I wanted the Redskins to beat them and shut their asshole fans up so bad. Now Cowboy fans just feel bad for me being a fan of a club with a more loathsome owner than they have. No Giants or Eagles fans have bothered giving me shit in years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2017, 11:36:25 PM
Now Cowboy fans just feel bad for me being a fan of a club with a more loathsome owner than they have. No Giants or Eagles fans have bothered giving me shit in years.

:lol:  Stupid fucking Foreskins.