The shit in Spain falls mainly in the fan

Started by celedhring, September 06, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on November 12, 2017, 07:09:42 PM
One of the gray eminences behind the Catalan independence movement (guy I know and that I actually worked for once) has been spotted in certain south american embassy in London...

I hear those who enter the Embassy of Ecuador never want to leave.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Well, it's no mystery that Assange has been involved with this mess, but this reveals a larger degree of coordination than I expected.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

celedhring

Quote from: Pedrito on November 13, 2017, 04:45:54 AM
Intriguing. How is he involved?

L.

Russian bots have been working overtime these weeks in favor of the separatists.

So far, Assange has been tweeting drivel and being interviewed by pro-separatist media. Dunno if that meeting means wikileaks is going to step it up a notch with a view on the upcoming election.

Berkut

And people actually pretend like he is anything other than a stooge for fucking Putin.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on November 13, 2017, 09:07:39 AM
And people actually pretend like he is anything other than a stooge for fucking Putin.
How did the Donald get dragged into this?!?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Funniest thing, if there's a country that could get Ecuador to kick Assange out of the London embassy, that's Spain - relations between both countries are really tight, and Spain is currently the main backer for the FTA with the EU currently in process.

Don't think Madrid will care enough to spend political capital on him, but the schadenfreude...

celedhring

Russia's been funny in this. Officially they back Spain, but RT and the bot army have been working overtime in favor of the separatist cause.

And know what? Spain used to be one of Russia's potential allies within the EU. We're far from the front line in the east, and we have plenty of economic ties with Russia - the ban on vegetable exports hurt our agriculture, for example, and we'd be one of the first countries to back de-escalation with them. But now? Today our Foreign Minister has openly denounced meddling from "Russian-based agents" (although it has stopped short of directly accusing the Russian government) in the European Council, and I can tell you that next time that easing sanctions on Russia is put on the table, Spain's going to wipe its arse with that.

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2017, 04:48:53 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on November 13, 2017, 04:45:54 AM
Intriguing. How is he involved?

L.

Russian bots have been working overtime these weeks in favor of the separatists.

So far, Assange has been tweeting drivel and being interviewed by pro-separatist media. Dunno if that meeting means wikileaks is going to step it up a notch with a view on the upcoming election.

I suspected something like that, but thought I might have been too paranoid...

Valmy

You called it years ago dude back when I was idiotically thinking he was an honest broker.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2017, 09:27:37 AM
Funniest thing, if there's a country that could get Ecuador to kick Assange out of the London embassy, that's Spain - relations between both countries are really tight, and Spain is currently the main backer for the FTA with the EU currently in process.

Don't think Madrid will care enough to spend political capital on him, but the schadenfreude...

Yes, I wondered about that one. I know Spain is super-close to Latin America.
IIRC Latin Americans can get a Spanish passport after 2 years of residence? Seems like something a Latin American government would be wary of ruining, big potential to annoy the people.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

To be fair Ecuador is one of those South American countries that works tirelessly to shoot itself in the foot at every opportunity.

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2017, 12:45:42 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2017, 09:27:37 AM

Yes, I wondered about that one. I know Spain is super-close to Latin America.
IIRC Latin Americans can get a Spanish passport after 2 years of residence? Seems like something a Latin American government would be wary of ruining, big potential to annoy the people.

Yeah, all Latin American countries + a few select others get the 2 years of residence for citizenship deal. Anyway that wouldn't be messed up with, if anything Spain could tax remitances (Ecuador's 2nd main source of foreign currency after its oil exports), as the Ecuadorian community in Spain is amongst the largests, if not the largest of all Ecuadorian communities abroad.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on November 13, 2017, 01:08:54 PM
To be fair Ecuador is one of those South American countries that works tirelessly to shoot itself in the foot at every opportunity.

Fun fact, the 1st big wave of inmigration from Ecuador in the 50s was due to the collapse of its Panama hat industry.  :P

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on November 13, 2017, 01:26:40 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 13, 2017, 01:08:54 PM

Fun fact, the 1st big wave of inmigration from Ecuador in the 50s was due to the collapse of its Panama hat industry.  :P

Ha! :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.