The shit in Spain falls mainly in the fan

Started by celedhring, September 06, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Archy on November 08, 2017, 06:40:45 AM
Can you please take these guys from here now  <_<

Belgian govt needed to clarify it's position over the Catalonian question in parliament on request of the opposition.
Official position is, it's an internal Spanish matter and Belgium won't take the side of Spain or the side of Catalonia.
Meanwhile Puigmont thanked his friends form the N-VA (the separatist party in Belgian govt).

That is just so Belgium. They try to stay neutral but people keep invading them anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2017, 11:35:00 AM
Quote from: Archy on November 08, 2017, 06:40:45 AM
Can you please take these guys from here now  <_<

Belgian govt needed to clarify it's position over the Catalonian question in parliament on request of the opposition.
Official position is, it's an internal Spanish matter and Belgium won't take the side of Spain or the side of Catalonia.
Meanwhile Puigmont thanked his friends form the N-VA (the separatist party in Belgian govt).

That is just so Belgium. They try to stay neutral but people keep invading them anyway.

:lol:

garbon

I noticed someone deleted the map that had been showing in the Catalan Republic wikipedia article that showed in red all the countries that had rejected its independence.

I wonder if that was some wiki editor rule or if it happened by someone supporting the separatists as list of countries denouncing has a lot less impact than a world map covered in red. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Seems that the members of the Bureau of the Catalan Parliament that are today in front of the Spanish Supreme Court, also facing sedition and rebellion charges, have recanted from the UDI and formally accepted the application of article 155. This should save them from jail for now, but will require some 'splaining in front of their crowd.

Note that in the Spanish justice system, the accused have a "right to lie" of sorts.

celedhring

Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2017, 10:12:39 AM
Seems that the members of the Bureau of the Catalan Parliament that are today in front of the Spanish Supreme Court, also facing sedition and rebellion charges, have recanted from the UDI and formally accepted the application of article 155. This should save them from jail for now, but will require some 'splaining in front of their crowd.

Note that in the Spanish justice system, the accused have a "right to lie" of sorts.

Bails for everyone after they kissed the Holy Cross and rejected Satan.

Iormlund

Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition.   :pope:

Iormlund

The next logical step is to finish the "good cop, bad cop" routine by having the Supreme Court take over Lamela's cause against the former Govern members. They recant, and bail is set.

Tonitrus

Zanza

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will bow to an administrative act of the central government once the wind blows in their face.

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on November 09, 2017, 05:03:57 PM
Who will bow to an administrative act of the central government once the wind blows in their face.

celedhring

Quote from: Iormlund on November 09, 2017, 04:17:34 PM
The next logical step is to finish the "good cop, bad cop" routine by having the Supreme Court take over Lamela's cause against the former Govern members. They recant, and bail is set.

I had a good laugh today when I saw that half of the imprisoned members of the Catalan Government fired their lawyer as soon as it transpired that their colleagues from Parliament were collaborating with the prosecution.

I think the lawyer that represented the imprisoned Govern gave them terrible advice. Lamela is a tough judge, but they just sat there, pleaded the fifth*, and let the prosecution placidly build up its case for preventive imprisonment.

*Actually the 24th in Spain, but you get the idea.

crazy canuck

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond Article 155
I will abandon the world you long to see!

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

I am quite shocked at the diversity of those who voted for independence.
The Catalan I work with (previously based here, now in Barcelona, comes back often for work stuff) says he went out to vote for independence with his 7 months pregnant wife.
You'd think a guy with such a comfortable settled situation as him would tend towards the conservative on such an issue as this.
Would love to see some proper studies on who supported which side.

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 09, 2017, 04:19:20 PM
Worst separatist rebellion ever.

██████
██████
██████