The shit in Spain falls mainly in the fan

Started by celedhring, September 06, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Is the eggplant really calling out the camembert?

The WASPs must be happy  :mad:

Admiral Yi

Can't fault the rats for leaving the ship if you're the one sinking it.

HVC

Quote from: Zoupa on November 03, 2017, 02:32:31 PM
Is the eggplant really calling out the camembert?

The WASPs must be happy  :mad:

Real question, away from the whole boo French separatists thing, how hard was it for you to understand Quebecers when you first came over? in school in Ontario we learned Parisian French, so my first trip to Quebec was odd. But then again it wasn't like my French was fluent so I always wondered how it must be for a someone from France.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 03, 2017, 02:32:22 PM
My family's not even from Algarve, my dads from Lisbon nd my mom Nazare :P

Al-Gharb AL-ANDALUS was the name for all moorish domains in Portugal and you know it.  :P
Al-Ushbona is even more damning than Algarve, besides.  :D

Zoupa

I came over at 11 and my parents put in me in a French system private school. The majority of students were not "native" quebecers. Lots of french expats, vietnamese, lebanese, some latinos. So my exposition to qc accent and culture was gradual. Plus I was a kid, and kids learn this shit fast.

So in resume, I adapted in a jiffy. Good thing too. Compared to some french idiots that come here in their 20s and 30s and think the colonials are inferior at everything, dodged a bullet on being an asshole. Or an even bigger asshole.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on November 03, 2017, 02:42:27 PM
I came over at 11 and my parents put in me in a French system private school. The majority of students were not "native" quebecers. Lots of french expats, vietnamese, lebanese, some latinos. So my exposition to qc accent and culture was gradual. Plus I was a kid, and kids learn this shit fast.

So in resume, I adapted in a jiffy. Good thing too. Compared to some french idiots that come here in their 20s and 30s and think the colonials are inferior at everything, dodged a bullet on being an asshole. Or an even bigger asshole.

Good thing you save yourself there in the end. :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

My hometown (council is held by separatists) declared the hottie opposition leader "persona non grata". She's went there for a rally today as a response. Pity I'm away.  :sleep:

Why would ANYONE declare her "persona non grata"? :wub:

garbon

Just finished helping my sister re-route her flights so she will avoid Barcelona next weekend and fly out of Paris instead.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

It's not like I own stock in the Barcelona airport or anything, but I don't think you need to get that far. City's safe and after lack of resistance when Madrid took over, it should remain so in the foreseeable future.

garbon

Main thing was she had planned to do tourism there on way back from Morocco. Decided that with things up in the air better to avoid and changed her plans at no extra cost.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

More of an anecdote on the cost to tourist facing industries in Barcelona over this independence bid.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2017, 07:44:16 AM
More of an anecdote on the cost to tourist facing industries in Barcelona over this independence bid.

No doubt about that. A guy I know that works in the restaurant business told me that one of their branches in BCN is down 70% in revenue this month (they'd be down in October in normal circumstances, but not by such a staggering amount).

katmai

Friend just flying back to Alaska, she and fiancé spent very enjoyable 4 days to end their trip (Italy, Morocco and Spain.)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

I've cancelled all my planned trips to Spain.

Just to uncertain and dangerous. Going to check out Turkey instead.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tonitrus

I supported Spain by buying a stainless-steel bottle/thermos made there (even went out of my way to find one not made in China...cannot find one made in 'Merica anymore).

It's a pretty good thermos/bottle.  :)