The shit in Spain falls mainly in the fan

Started by celedhring, September 06, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

It physically hurts me to actually defend Rajoy, but he always offered dialogue to Puigdemont as long as independence was off the table.

celedhring

Looks like the separatist MPs signed a proper, actual UDI in a room inside Parliament. I guess that's the "suspended UDI".

The Spanish VP is going to make an address. That precludes anything substantial happening just yet (it would be Rajoy announcing it otherwise)

Valmy

VP? I thought you had a monarchy? :hmm: Or is that the deputy PM or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

This is getting sillier by the hour. Are they trying to get arrested? Are they hoping the police assaults Parliament or something? :huh:

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2017, 03:30:04 PM
VP? I thought you had a monarchy? :hmm: Or is that the deputy PM or something?

Over here we don't call our PM PM. We call him Prez.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

The Spanish Cabinet will meet tomorrow morning "to discuss the steps we'll undertake", according to the VP.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2017, 02:46:33 PM
Damn Canadians are like the hobbits of this world, it can be on the brink of chaos and they'll still wish to discuss the niceties of their constitution and which obscure politician is do what,when and why.

I thought you were a hobbit. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on October 10, 2017, 03:16:18 PM
It physically hurts me to actually defend Rajoy, but he always offered dialogue to Puigdemont as long as independence was off the table.

A great Galician like you?  :P

Admiral Yi

In case anyone was wondering, the BBC chick pronounced el Gran Queso Catalan's name Poochemont. 

Valmy

celedhring

The far-left radical separatist party (CUP), says that they will debate leaving Parliament for the time being after the suspension of the UDI.

Separatists NGOs (which are hugely influential) asking Puigdemont that he sets a "limited time" for the suspension of the UDI.

Will see what happens. I think after today this is for Rajoy's to lose now. Which he perfectly can.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on October 10, 2017, 03:16:18 PM
Ok, I did not know that.  That part was missing from the coverage.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2017, 02:46:33 PM
Damn Canadians are like the hobbits of this world, it can be on the brink of chaos and they'll still wish to discuss the niceties of their constitution and which obscure politician is do what,when and why.
that was a minor interlude only.  :sleep:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Watching some Portuguese news channel, just noticed the Podemos talking head comparing Rajoy to Erdogan, using the slippery rope argument (we don't want Rajoy to behave/turn like Erdogan).  :lmfao:
Plus judging wise the suspended UDI by Carles.  :D

PS: worse than I thought