The shit in Spain falls mainly in the fan

Started by celedhring, September 06, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: celedhring on October 09, 2017, 04:11:07 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 09, 2017, 03:55:34 PM
So he spoke from his arse. Interesting they generally follow the same pattern as each other.

Isn't there a housing bubble again in Barcelona? Air BnB related in part.

With enough economic chaos and street fights, maybe I'll be able to afford rent in BCN again!

I'm not sure you want to. Had to enjoy the neighbors' reaggeton until 4 AM last Saturday.  :bleeding:

Drakken

From OT Forum:

QuoteSo, some quotes came out from one of the documents the police got from one of the members of the Catalan government when the judge ordered a raid.

Snippets:

The prepared actions that led to "a democratic conflict of large citizen support, oriented to generate economic and political instability that forces the State to either accept a separation negotiation or a forced referendum"
    "The political and police heads of the Mossos (Catalan Police) are completely involved in this separatist process"
    "At the moment when there is a clear citizen determination to support and get implocated actively and with international complicity, we need to start un a conservative manner, progressively increaseing conflictivity depending on the State's response, under the leadership and coordination of all implicated actors and with no doubt on actions and times".
    Plans for an executive commitee and a strategic one formed by Puigdemont, Junqueras, several independentist politicians, the heads of the ANC, Omnium and the AMI, with plans to "Call for elections once it is known that there will be a new independentist parliament"
    Insistence on the need for international credibility

Also, the investigation is pointing out that the Mossos actively protected members of the Catalan Goverment from the judiciary.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/catalan-politics.880425/page-257

CountDeMoney

Blade! needs to ban somebody for that.  Twice.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

You know, maybe if these Spaniards got jobs they wouldn't have time for strikes and protests.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2017, 06:13:00 PM
You know, maybe if these Spaniards got jobs they wouldn't have time for strikes and protests.

Forget it, they're rolling.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

If that leaked separatist document is real it's truly horrific. An elected government engineering civil, political and economic conflict in order to generate enough instability to get away with its political objectives. Work of the insane.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

The disbanding of the Mossos is a viable option, or there's the risk of an open revolt?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

celedhring

Wish I knew. The whole thing hinges on how much control the Catalan government can retain once Madrid issues the order taking over.

Drakken

Quote from: celedhring on October 10, 2017, 08:04:35 AM
Wish I knew. The whole thing hinges on how much control the Catalan government can retain once Madrid issues the order taking over.

At what hour is the extraordinary session due? Was it announced in advance, or at least feelers to the media?

Furthermore, are there any "Catalan" military cadres and units in the Spanish armed forces, or are soldiers mixed up inside units regardless of nationality? If the former is positive, are they actually based in Catalonia?

For example, here in Canada, we have the Royal 22nd Regiment. The regiment serves as the "local" infantry regiment for Quebec where it draws most of its recruits, and thus, and so is in majority numbered by Quebecois soldiers and officers (although there are Anglophones from both inside and outside as well, so it is not exclusively Quebecois). They are based locally in Valcartier, and it is sure this would have been a major "issue" should Quebec have seceded. What would Quebecois soldiers in the Forces do should the 'Yes' win was certainly a question raised during the 1995 referendum.

celedhring

The President asked to address Parliament today at 18:00 - it is expected that it will make an announcement regarding an UDI.

However, according to the independence law they issued, an UDI has to be issued by Parliament - not the President - and so far a motion hasn't been introduced to debate it. But I don't think they are setting up huge wall-TVs outside for nothing.

There are no regional units in the Spanish army (as in made up of people hailing from the same region). There's two batallions  stationed in Catalonia, but the army would be deployed as the very last resort.

Gups

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2017, 05:12:00 PM
Blade! needs to ban somebody for that.  Twice.

Unless they buy something for him from his Amazon wish list.

celedhring

Quote from: Drakken on October 10, 2017, 08:24:56 AM
What would Quebecois soldiers in the Forces do should the 'Yes' win was certainly a question raised during the 1995 referendum.

Missed this bit. How come? Since the Quebec referendum was a lawful one, why would the army had to play any part?