The shit in Spain falls mainly in the fan

Started by celedhring, September 06, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Close. And the boy was something mommy wouldn't wear.  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on October 06, 2017, 10:00:15 AMI mean, what is pretty obvious for me, is that the average Spaniard must have a very low opinion of Catalans. The motivation for that brutality from the police must be coming from somewhere.

Nah, our police (particulary the "antidisturbios", the ones that do riot control), are very baton-and-rubber-bullet happy, and have always been. They would do the same in any other circumstance once they're unleashed. For instance, they've been cracking heads in Murcia these days because of protests about public works.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Maladict on October 06, 2017, 10:34:54 AM
Canfranc station  :wub:

How do you know the place? When I was a kid I spent a few hours there exploring, one a winter day much like this one:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Iormlund on October 06, 2017, 02:31:13 PM

How do you know the place? When I was a kid I spent a few hours there exploring, one a winter day much like this one:

I've only seen pictures, never been there myself. I was looking into interesting rail routes to Spain when I found it.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on October 08, 2017, 09:30:27 AM
Have you been out marching today, celed?

Yes. It's been very difficult for me. I hate flags, I'd ordinarily never set foot in a rally of this kind. Never. Too many flags. But desperate times.

The division and hatred within Catalan society is reaching unbearable levels, and it's happening so fast. I'm scared.

celedhring

All signs point to an UDI tomorrow. Then the government will suspend the Catalan autonomy. Separatist orgs are already calling to "defend our institutions". There will be clashes in the streets, won't surprise me if there's a death toll.

Here we are, feeding the Catalan people to the bonfire of the Nation, so it can shine brightly and terribly.

Tamas

:(

Well, take it from me, sometimes the writing is on the wall that shitty times are coming, and you should make plans to get out while you can. Trust your instincts.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on October 09, 2017, 08:05:39 AM
All signs point to an UDI tomorrow. Then the government will suspend the Catalan autonomy. Separatist orgs are already calling to "defend our institutions". There will be clashes in the streets, won't surprise me if there's a death toll.

Here we are, feeding the Catalan people to the bonfire of the Nation, so it can shine brightly and terribly.

Oh vanity.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Marx was right.  1936-39 was tragedy, this is farce.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on October 09, 2017, 08:28:11 AM
:(

Well, take it from me, sometimes the writing is on the wall that shitty times are coming, and you should make plans to get out while you can. Trust your instincts.

My friends think I'm being hysterical. Maybe I am. Anyway, I can't leave in the short term, but I'm planning to move to Madrid after the New Year, provided there's not a Trumpian wall between both countries by that time or we are in a full Mad Max scenario.

Eddie Teach

Why would you let a non-existent wall stop you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?