The shit in Spain falls mainly in the fan

Started by celedhring, September 06, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

How bad is reaction to this from the regular Spanish?
Are the Spanish version of the brexiters waving their sabres and baying for blood? How bad could it get if the Catalans decide to go all out for UDI?
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Drakken on October 03, 2017, 04:37:44 PM
You know Kings cannot speak without the advice of their Prime Ministers, right Viper?

Is this a biological defect resulting from all the inbreeding?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: Drakken on October 03, 2017, 04:37:44 PM
You know Kings cannot speak without the advice of their Prime Ministers, right Viper?

Usually Kings can speak quite freely to Prime Ministers behind the scenes however.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: celedhring on October 03, 2017, 04:23:34 PM

The elephant hunter was his dad. He's a rare non-hunting Bourbon.

Or so he wants you to think. Seems he is interested in hunting Catalans.  :frog:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Drakken

Quote from: Barrister on October 03, 2017, 04:47:54 PM
Usually Kings can speak quite freely to Prime Ministers behind the scenes however.

Yep, and he would be pretty stupid to side with the Catalans' sedition here.

mongers

I'm more than a bit reminded of some of the forces at work within Northern Ireland during 68-69. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Iormlund

Quote from: Tyr on October 03, 2017, 04:47:20 PM
How bad is reaction to this from the regular Spanish?
Are the Spanish version of the brexiters waving their sabres and baying for blood? How bad could it get if the Catalans decide to go all out for UDI?

A few are, but most of us would rather just see Puigdemont & Co imprisoned and the Mossos and TV3 dissolved.

Regarding the economic situation, the biggest Catalonian bank (Caixabank) has swiftly reacted to their employees taking Barcelona's main artery yesterday by hinting to abandon ship if UDI is called. Sabadell (the second largest bank) followed suit not long after that. Both must be hemorrhaging deposits.

celedhring

Myself I just deposited part of my savings in Matressbank. Will probably move the rest to ING, which should be safe from a bank run.

HVC

Multinational corps would be smart to move their shit out of Catalonia regardless of what happened now.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on October 03, 2017, 06:05:07 PM
Myself I just deposited part of my savings in Matressbank. Will probably move the rest to ING, which should be safe from a bank run.

I hope you at least made that deposit in bills, otherwise it might get uncomfortable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

The Spanish National Audience (a high court that deals with certain crimes against the state, terrorism, and drug cartels), has leveled sedition charges against the commander of the Catalan regional police and the leaders of the two main separatist organizations.

My "we're all doomed"-meter has jumped another notch.

celedhring

The only good thing of this whole clusterfuck is that it's made me aware of Heather Nauert. She can intervene in Catalan affairs (mine in particular) any time she wants.

celedhring

Bank run! The largest Catalan bank (Caixabank), in turn the 3rd largest Spanish bank, has lost the equivalent of 33% of 2017's new deposits in the last 30 days. Both them and BancSabadell (second largest Catalan bank, and 4th largest Spanish bank) are cratering in the stock market.

The Spanish finance minister has come out and said that "Catalans don't need to fear for their savings" which to me means I should.  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on October 04, 2017, 11:19:05 AM
Bank run! The largest Catalan bank (Caixabank), in turn the 3rd largest Spanish bank, has lost the equivalent of 33% of 2017's new deposits in the last 30 days. Both them and BancSabadell (second largest Catalan bank, and 4th largest Spanish bank) are cratering in the stock market.

The Spanish finance minister has come out and said that "Catalans don't need to fear for their savings" which to me means I should.  :lol:

So how big are Mataláixa bank deposits among independentists and/or nationalists?

:blush:

Admiral Yi

Another 3% drop in the overall market.  Get your shit straight Spaniards.  :glare: