News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

In the fantasy world my son is writing, this is the apex predator: the Behemoth.

At 5 meters high to the shoulder, a Behemoth is very dangerous to all but the most wary and best-armed parties of wanderers in the wilderness.

It hunts on the forests and plains, and is both an ambush predator (using its shaggy fur as camouflage, it can squeeze its bulk into surprisingly narrow spaces) and a very effective endurance hunter, chasing prey down; its six legs give it an advantage over rough terrain. The creature uses its front legs alternately to run and to grab at prey. 

Experienced Wanderers may be able to detect the presence of a Behemoth before it is too late by the cries of the scavenging birds that always follow this predator around, hoping for scraps.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

He looks a bit too cute to be a terrifying predator.  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 16, 2018, 09:08:32 PM
He looks a bit too cute to be a terrifying predator.  :lol:

That's just what it wants you to think!

... sadly, I'm not yet capable of drawing in any style that is not cartoony.  ;)

Malthus

Oexmelin

Your son's behemoth reminds me of the sort of creature that inhabits the world of Tekumel, the old but wonderful RPG setting: http://www.tekumel.com/
Que le grand cric me croque !

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 26, 2018, 12:16:33 AM
Your son's behemoth reminds me of the sort of creature that inhabits the world of Tekumel, the old but wonderful RPG setting: http://www.tekumel.com/

This is exactly the sort of thing he'd love!  :)

Passing the link on ...

Oexmelin

I think so. For example, here's a depiction of one of the creatures from the game (which follows its description...)

Que le grand cric me croque !

Malthus

Moon Butterfly, casting her Darkest Spell:

Malthus

I'm restarting my playing card project. I didn't like the pattern I made for the number cards, so I'm trying something different.

Here's the ten of hearts, new pattern:

Malthus

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point