Main Menu

Presidentialing in Prime Time

Started by CountDeMoney, August 21, 2017, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on August 25, 2017, 02:58:05 PM
sometimes you can be so obtuse.

"You" = USA.
"We" = NATO.  It's still a NATO mission out there.

Ah, the moronic attempt to make anthropomorphize nations and international organizations.  Sometimes you can be so juvenile.  Grownups understand that the USA is an "it," not a "you," and NATO is an "it," not a "we" (or, for Brits, possibly "they" instead of "it").

Here's a free language lesson for you:  people who use pronouns without antecedents either don't understand language, or they are trying to be obtuse.  In your case, I'd guess chances are about equal that either alternative applies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

:o When did grumbler become tiresome?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on August 25, 2017, 03:49:53 PM
:o When did grumbler become tiresome?

When you killed all those Norwegians.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on August 25, 2017, 03:37:18 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 25, 2017, 02:58:05 PM
sometimes you can be so obtuse.

"You" = USA.
"We" = NATO.  It's still a NATO mission out there.

Ah, the moronic attempt to make anthropomorphize nations and international organizations.  Sometimes you can be so juvenile.  Grownups understand that the USA is an "it," not a "you," and NATO is an "it," not a "we" (or, for Brits, possibly "they" instead of "it").

Here's a free language lesson for you:  people who use pronouns without antecedents either don't understand language, or they are trying to be obtuse.  In your case, I'd guess chances are about equal that either alternative applies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU
██████
██████
██████