News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help Meri plan a Grand Adventure (tm)

Started by merithyn, July 22, 2017, 02:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: merithyn on August 22, 2017, 06:00:37 PM
Riley is interested in going, and she's suggested Greece.

Thoughts?

We went to Greece many years ago.  At that time we weren't used to planning trips, so we made lots of mistakes.  Biggest one was we stayed in Athens for far too long.  We thought taking a cruise was sufficient to fulfill the 'Greek island' thing.  Athens was nice, but only for 2-3 days max.  Should have actually stayed in the Greek islands.  Should have visited and stayed in other Greek cities.  Also, don't go during Christmas. 

HVC

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 28, 2017, 11:27:48 PM
Why's everyone always picking on Mono?  :(

It's ok to bully mono, he's just Chinese, but god help us if he was a black author.

Bits interested in going meri? Or are they past the age where they don't want to travel with mom?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

Quote from: HVC on August 22, 2017, 08:22:14 PM

Bits interested in going meri? Or are they past the age where they don't want to travel with mom?

I don't invite them. This is a mother-daughter thing.

That being said, I still owe Jerome a trip out of the country. :hmm:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Monoriu on August 22, 2017, 08:12:29 PM

Thoughts?

We went to Greece many years ago.  At that time we weren't used to planning trips, so we made lots of mistakes.  Biggest one was we stayed in Athens for far too long.  We thought taking a cruise was sufficient to fulfill the 'Greek island' thing.  Athens was nice, but only for 2-3 days max.  Should have actually stayed in the Greek islands.  Should have visited and stayed in other Greek cities.  Also, don't go during Christmas.

Thanks. This is helpful.

Maladict

Thoughts?

Just came back from northern Greece. It's glorious, like the rest of the country.
If I ever retire abroad it will be a toss up between Greece and Italy, Greece may have the edge now.

Don't go in summer, though. It's stupid hot.

merithyn

Maladict

Quote from: merithyn on August 23, 2017, 02:47:55 AM
Wherever we go, it will be in March.

That's perfect for Greece, if possible try to be there at Easter (Julian calendar).
Very interesting time with good food and beautiful ceremonies, and you get to fire rockets at churches.  :cool: