News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on August 30, 2017, 07:03:58 PM
That said, in this particular case, I think you're way over-reacting to that one post, and the reason that others didn't comment on it was because they didn't over-react to it.  It was just a bitchy post, the likes of which we've seen 47,000 times before.

No no no.

The post makes garbon the worst racist on languish and anyone who doesn't join Berkut in chastising garbon - but especially me and Oex apparently, I suppose because we are the designated SJWs of languish - even worse.

I suppose because we're the designated SJWs of languish we're responsible for policing everyone's behaviour, and if we fail to do so to Berkut's satisfaction we must be hypocrites... and as everyone knows, those are hands down the worst thing ever.

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on August 30, 2017, 06:54:08 PM
Indeed, they went to bat for him vigorously - Jake is accusing me of being some kind of enraged crazy person rather than simply accept that he said something untoward.
:lmfao:

Berkut dear, you being "some kind of enraged crazy person" is an established part of languish culture to the degree that you've had your own emoticon for probably the past decade

:berkut:

Berkut

Of course - I have my own emoticon, so that must mean your tolerance of racism is really no big thing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2017, 07:10:35 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 30, 2017, 07:03:58 PM
That said, in this particular case, I think you're way over-reacting to that one post, and the reason that others didn't comment on it was because they didn't over-react to it.  It was just a bitchy post, the likes of which we've seen 47,000 times before.

No no no.

The post makes garbon the worst racist on languish

And you are accusing me of over-reacting?
and anyone who doesn't join Berkut in chastising garbon - but especially me and Oex apparently, I suppose because we are the designated SJWs of languish - even worse.

It makes you, well, you, I guess. You don't really think objectively about these things. garbon is on your side, therefore he can make racist comments and that is fine with you. You will go jihad on anyone who calls him out on it, just like this.

Worst thing ever? I dunno, those are your words, not mine. You are just making shit up at this point.
I suppose because we're the designated SJWs of languish we're responsible for policing everyone's behaviour, and if we fail to do so to Berkut's satisfaction

You didn't not police him, you defended him.

In fact, you not only didn't police him, you defended him and are desperately trying to instead police the person who noted it. You are attacking the person who objected to an overtly racist comment, and doing so with ad homs and doing so rather vigorously. It is a fascinating contrast.

Racist comment gets a pat on the back, objecting gets a over the top enraged response.

we must be hypocrites... and as everyone knows, those are hands down the worst thing ever.

No, but if you tolerate overtly bullshit comments and then go one to vigorously defend them even in other threads, then yeah, you are pretty obviously a hypocrite.

Whether those are the worst things ever or not is your call, not mine.

You do seem rather sensitive to it though, so I suspect you know as well as I do just how contemptible it is...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on August 30, 2017, 05:21:16 PM
It is ironic that in all of Languish, you are probably the most openly racist poster we have.
Apparently, I'm a Jew hater and I have all of Stormfront and the other neonazis on speed dial.
Garbon can't beat that for sure.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

Attempting to avoid, if possible, the personal stuff (probably doomed), I will simply say this:

I don't think there is anything quite outrageous to presume a white person, in a white society, has not especially been confronted to racism. It's a pretty well researched phenomenon, actually: members of groups who are placed in a position of privilege have the luxury not to imagine the life of those in an inferior position, because such ignorance carry no great consequences. Whereas the price of ignorance of how the powerful think, from the less-powerful, can be quite high.

It's a presumption, sure. Which doesn't mean a white person never has been confronted with prejudice (obviously). I am sure people, including on the forum, have had to contend with all other sorts of prejudice, and surely that informs the understanding of being placed in a position of judgment and inferiority. But I tend to assume there is something about racial prejudice that does not lend itself well to comparisons to other forms of prejudice, as all those stories of black people arrested for driving luxury vehicles they couldn't possibly own, in the minds of the cops. In any other circumstances, in the United States, wealth should have insured these people from discriminatory treatment, and yet, have not.

It doesn't mean either that white people are incapable of thinking seriously about issues such as racism, or articulating a profound understanding of it. But is garbon's habitual snarky answer  *that* different from the snarky answers given to, say, Marty, or BB, posting stuff about the United States, and being dismissed as foreigners - regardless of how informed they may be? Apart from the fact that it's clearly more offensive to be dismissed as a racist than as a "foreigner"?
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

BB is worse than a foreigner.  Canadian.

11B4V

Forget about the curve ball B. Give'em the the heater. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Zoupa

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2017, 03:57:11 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
Don't be silly you too, that has nothing to do.  We're talking violence here.  Attacking people in the streets.  Trying to murder suspected or actual neo nazis.  Deciding for yourself what kind of justice is the right one.

You mean, like knifing a guy who has the wrong haircut?  I'm guessing the Languish SJW crew were okay with that.  The attacker had the best of intentions-- punch a Nazi, stab a guy who maybe sorta vaguely looks like a Nazi, etc.

Oh you mean the guy that made that story up from A to Z?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/08/28/his-story-of-being-stabbed-for-a-neo-nazi-haircut-went-viral-police-say-it-was-a-lie/

You should leave your echo chamber once in a while. Follow up on stories, past the facebook memes. You know, adult stuff.

Zoupa

Shit, I just read the rest of the thread.

Ok, disregard :frog:

HVC

Quote from: Zoupa on August 30, 2017, 08:56:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2017, 03:57:11 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
Don't be silly you too, that has nothing to do.  We're talking violence here.  Attacking people in the streets.  Trying to murder suspected or actual neo nazis.  Deciding for yourself what kind of justice is the right one.

You mean, like knifing a guy who has the wrong haircut?  I'm guessing the Languish SJW crew were okay with that.  The attacker had the best of intentions-- punch a Nazi, stab a guy who maybe sorta vaguely looks like a Nazi, etc.

Oh you mean the guy that made that story up from A to Z?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/08/28/his-story-of-being-stabbed-for-a-neo-nazi-haircut-went-viral-police-say-it-was-a-lie/

You should leave your echo chamber once in a while. Follow up on stories, past the facebook memes. You know, adult stuff.

Psst we've moved passed that and towards another thread to discuss who is more racist, Berk or garbon

Damn between to the post.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.