About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Looks to me like just a bad road game.

You protest against redneck racists and neo-Nazis in Virginia, you get run over by a car.
You go to Berkeley to sing Dixie, you deal with the home field advantage.

Time people started to look at their OOC schedules.

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 09:29:07 AM
Whatever they're doing, it's working.  Far right groups are experiencing a surge in membership.  Keep up the good work guys!  Soon, we'll have real facists in the streets too, then you'll have your bloody riots just like in the US :)

Of course, the reason there's a surge in far right group membership is that a bunch of black clad anarchists got violent in Berkley recently. Excellent cause and effect analysis there, viper :)

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on August 28, 2017, 11:34:45 AM
Whatever they're doing, it's working.  Far right groups are experiencing a surge in membership.  Keep up the good work guys!  Soon, we'll have real facists in the streets too, then you'll have your bloody riots just like in the US :)

Of course, the reason there's a surge in far right group member ship is that a bunch of black clad anarchists got violent in Berkley recently. Excellent cause and effect analysis there, viper :)

Is there any actual documentation that there has been a surge in far right group member ship"?  such groups do seem emboldened under Trump and far more vocal, but I have my doubts they are any more numerous than they were before.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2017, 11:37:03 AM
Is there any actual documentation that there has been a surge in far right group member ship"?  such groups do seem emboldened under Trump and far more vocal, but I have my doubts they are any more numerous than they were before.

I assume viper has a bunch of connections so he's getting us inside information.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2017, 10:49:18 AM
Looks to me like just a bad road game.

You protest against redneck racists and neo-Nazis in Virginia, you get run over by a car.
You go to Berkeley to sing Dixie, you deal with the home field advantage.

Time people started to look at their OOC schedules.
Counter protests, especially the violent ones, are just not useful against the neo-nazis types.  It just strenghten them. 
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Of course, the reason there's a surge in far right group member ship is that a bunch of black clad anarchists got violent in Berkley recently. Excellent cause and effect analysis there, viper :)

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/far-right-extremist-groups-on-the-rise-in-canada-expert-says-1.3546672
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1057610X.2016.1139375?journalCode=uter20&
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/the-angry-radical-right/

La Meute (translated to Wolf Pack, but not to be confused with the gang using the same name) is still on the fringe, so far, un public, staying within the limits of the law, promote democracy and freedom of speech but they are still very anti-immigration of all kind and do not hesitate to spread false rumours or offensive speech in their secret group.

They said their membership now stands at 60k members, an increase for 40k 2 weeks ago.  Of course, that has to be taken with a grain of salt.  By members, they count everyone subscribed to their secret Facebook group, the same thing the media does.  It's no denying they got a huge wave of sympathy from the public and many media figures after the antifa violent counter-protest compared to their discipline, silent march.  That's all Jacob's friends managed to do, make them bolder and more interesting to the curious eye. 

So, again, keep the good work, buddy :)  Soon, you will have your wildest dreams fulfilled and the streets will run amok with blood :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Of course, the reason there's a surge in far right group membership is that a bunch of black clad anarchists got violent in Berkley recently. Excellent cause and effect analysis there, viper :)
all leftist protests turn violent, and you guys always turn a blind eye to hit.  You're just thugs waiting for you pint of blood.  If an innocent leftist is killed, she's a martyr and it's supposed to advance your cause.  When bystanders get targeted & attacked, it's collateral damage, totally justified for the end cause.  As long as there is violence, you are happy.  Doesn't matter if it's a real nazi, everyone can become a nazi, so let's not take any chances.  A variant on the good old Kill 'em all. :)

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on August 28, 2017, 11:41:19 AM

I assume viper has a bunch of connections so he's getting us inside information.
Of course.  It's not like I read the news everyday and keep myself informed on the rise of the extremists.  No, the logical explanation is that I am a neo nazi.  Wich is obvious, since I'm not from the far left and refuse to engage in violent actions against innocent physical and corporate citizens.  You're either with us, or against us.  I know the drill, you guys are all the same :)

Savonarola

In the United States there's been a steady decline in the number of white supremacist groups since Barack's first term in office according to the SPLC.  Even with last years presidential campaign only neo-Confederates saw a slight uptick, neo-Nazis and white supremacist groups continued to decline.  While that doesn't tell us anything about the total membership of the individual groups which remain; it seems that if this were really a force on the march the number of groups would be increasing.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 12:02:44 PM
Counter protests, especially the violent ones, are just not useful against the neo-nazis types.  It just strenghten them.

Lucky for us you weren't around in London circa May 1940, Weimartard.  Save your Nazi-asslicking for the next bookburning.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 12:13:15 PM

all leftist protests turn violent, and you guys always turn a blind eye to hit.  You're just thugs waiting for you pint of blood.  If an innocent leftist is killed, she's a martyr and it's supposed to advance your cause.  When bystanders get targeted & attacked, it's collateral damage, totally justified for the end cause.  As long as there is violence, you are happy.  Doesn't matter if it's a real nazi, everyone can become a nazi, so let's not take any chances.  A variant on the good old Kill 'em all. :)

Well, at least we know where you are coming from.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Raz, what's your take on the Antifa types?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2017, 12:59:28 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 12:02:44 PM

Lucky for us you weren't around in London circa May 1940, Weimartard.  Save your Nazi-asslicking for the next bookburning.
I'm only quoting the experts in the field.  This one in particular
QuoteI've been beat up as often as I've beaten others, and in no case did being on the receiving end of violence make me any less violent. It was actually the kindness of brave people who refused to lower themselves to my level that changed the course of my life, to put me in a position to follow their example and promote the practice of loving-kindness myself. We cannot hate violent extremism out of existence.

People like Jacob, Oex and Justin Trudeau are only adding fuel to the fire.  The extreme left is the ennemy, without their silly attitude, there would be no ground for the extreme right to prosper on. 

Really, it should be a no brainer that violent communist protests achieve nothing.  It actually made things worst for Spain, Italy and Germany, prompting the people to rally behind the stability offered by the facists instead of the dangerous anarchy promoted by the left.[/quote]

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on August 28, 2017, 01:30:19 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 12:13:15 PM

Well, at least we know where you are coming from.
Yes, I'm the one advocating non violent events and proper education to counter nazi propaganda.  Much more useful.  You should try it.

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 02:03:46 PMThe extreme left is the ennemy, without their silly attitude, there would be no ground for the extreme right to prosper on.

And if women weren't wearing skimpy clothes, men would have less reason for raping them. And if the Jews would stop being Jews, people would stop hating them for being Jews.  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.