News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

so my dad just had a heart attack

Started by Razgovory, February 16, 2015, 05:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

The memorial went well, I got to talk to all my cousins and such.  I wish I lived near St. Louis so I could spend more time up there.  I'm tired of living alone in the Ozarks.  The priest gave his eulogy for my dad, a man he had never met.  It was hilarious, I guess wires got crossed somewhere because he was describing my mother, who's alive, rather than my father.  He priest described my dad as a political activist.  The closest my dad got to political activism was the time he was appeared on front page of the news paper as "unidentified man sleeping at city council meeting".

My eulogy went over well, everyone said it was good at least.  Of course, it wasn't like they were going to say "that was shit".  Still, I have a weird talent for public speaking, and I can string a basic sentence together.  Sometimes I forget that outside languish I'm considered quite clever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

I've always considered you quite clever.

crazy canuck

Good job Raz.  That is a very hard thing to do.

Jacob

Well done.

I don't suppose it's at all practical to move closer to the family?

Legbiter

Quote from: Razgovory on January 29, 2018, 10:07:28 PMMy eulogy went over well, everyone said it was good at least.  Of course, it wasn't like they were going to say "that was shit".  Still, I have a weird talent for public speaking, and I can string a basic sentence together

Good job Raz.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on January 30, 2018, 04:22:44 PM
Well done.

I don't suppose it's at all practical to move closer to the family?

I would very much like to do so.  My mom is hesitant.  I want her to sell the house in Jefferson City and move to North County or St. Charles. (the area around St. Louis that my family lives in).  North county is a bit dicey, it has an extremely high crime rate and racial tensions are pretty bad, but I'd like to be near family.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017