News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mobtown, my Mobtown

Started by CountDeMoney, April 23, 2011, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Oexmelin

Fatberg growing under the streets of Baltimore:

QuoteA massive lump of congealed fat, wet wipes and other detritus — dubbed the "fatberg" — is growing underneath the streets of Baltimore.

The Baltimore Department of Public Works said Monday it discovered the fatberg earlier this month in a sewer main between Baltimore Penn Station and the 1700 block of Charles Street. So far the fatberg has been responsible for a dry weather sewer overflow on Sept. 21 that discharged around 1.2 million gallons of sewage into the Jones Falls, the department said.

A similar fatberg estimated to weigh more than 140 tons was also recently discovered in London's sewer system and is expected to take weeks to destroy. Baltimore's fatberg, however, has been mostly scraped off and sent to the landfill on Quarantine Road.

Congealed fats, oils and grease have blocked a sewer main between Baltimore Penn Station and the 1700 block of Charles Street. (Department of Public Works)

When engineers decided to explore the sewer to determine the cause of multiple sewer overflows in the area, they discovered the fatberg, DPW said. The walls of a 100-year-old, 24-inch wide pipe were caked with congealed fats, oils and grease. Up to 85 percent of the pipe was clogged with the congealed fat, blocking the flow of sewage.Raymond said there were other, smaller fatbergs throughout the city's pipes, but none as large as the one under Penn Station.

Raymond said the city has a fats, oils and grease — known as FOG — prevention program targeting restaurants and other food service establishments. When the substances go down a pipe, they congeal, harden and often attach to other items that don't break down in the sewer, such as wet wipes.

Plus, Raymond added, FOG can block up a homeowner's pipes, causing an expensive call to a plumber.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-fatberg-20170925-story.html

Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

11B4V

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 26, 2017, 08:42:28 PM
Fatberg growing under the streets of Baltimore:

QuoteA massive lump of congealed fat, wet wipes and other detritus — dubbed the "fatberg" — is growing underneath the streets of Baltimore.

The Baltimore Department of Public Works said Monday it discovered the fatberg earlier this month in a sewer main between Baltimore Penn Station and the 1700 block of Charles Street. So far the fatberg has been responsible for a dry weather sewer overflow on Sept. 21 that discharged around 1.2 million gallons of sewage into the Jones Falls, the department said.

A similar fatberg estimated to weigh more than 140 tons was also recently discovered in London's sewer system and is expected to take weeks to destroy. Baltimore's fatberg, however, has been mostly scraped off and sent to the landfill on Quarantine Road.

Congealed fats, oils and grease have blocked a sewer main between Baltimore Penn Station and the 1700 block of Charles Street. (Department of Public Works)

When engineers decided to explore the sewer to determine the cause of multiple sewer overflows in the area, they discovered the fatberg, DPW said. The walls of a 100-year-old, 24-inch wide pipe were caked with congealed fats, oils and grease. Up to 85 percent of the pipe was clogged with the congealed fat, blocking the flow of sewage.Raymond said there were other, smaller fatbergs throughout the city's pipes, but none as large as the one under Penn Station.

Raymond said the city has a fats, oils and grease — known as FOG — prevention program targeting restaurants and other food service establishments. When the substances go down a pipe, they congeal, harden and often attach to other items that don't break down in the sewer, such as wet wipes.

Plus, Raymond added, FOG can block up a homeowner's pipes, causing an expensive call to a plumber.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-fatberg-20170925-story.html

So, everyone in Baltimore is full of shit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Must be all those Preperation H wipes Seedy uses.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

They say flushable, I hold them to it.

Tonitrus

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-baltimore-detective-update-20171122-story.html

QuotePolice commissioner: Slain Baltimore detective was to testify in case of indicted officers

Slain Baltimore homicide Detective Sean Suiter was scheduled to testify before a federal grand jury in the case against a squad of indicted officers on the day after he was shot, Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said Wednesday evening.

The revelation brings together two cases that have sent shock waves through the Police Department and the city as a whole: the federal prosecutions of eight members of the department's elite gun task force, who are accused of shaking down citizens and conspiring with drug dealers, and the killing of Suiter last week in West Baltimore, the first of an on-duty officer by a suspect in 10 years.

Davis said Wednesday that federal authorities have told him "in no uncertain terms" that Suiter was not a target of their investigation into the Gun Trace Task Force. He said authorities have no reason to believe Suiter's killing was connected to his pending testimony.

"The BPD and FBI do not possess any information that this incident ... is part of any conspiracy," Davis said. He said evidence shows the shooting occurred spontaneously, as Suiter investigated a suspicious person in the Harlem Park neighborhood.

"There is no information that has been communicated to me that Detective Suiter was anything other than a stellar detective, great friend, loving husband and dedicated father," he said.

Davis also said that Suiter is believed to have been killed with his own service weapon, which was fired at close range, and that there was evidence of a struggle before the shooting.

CountDeMoney

There's no big secret conspiracy there.  Sounds interesting.  Isn't interesting.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2017, 11:57:20 PM
There's no big secret conspiracy there.  Sounds interesting.  Isn't interesting.

Agreed.  Cop threatens to violate police omerta, gets shot to death.  Nothing surprising or interesting about that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on November 24, 2017, 09:39:43 AM

Agreed.  Cop threatens to violate police omerta, gets shot to death.  Nothing surprising or interesting about that.

He was going to testify about gis participation in a car chase with one of the indicted officers that resulted in the death of a motorist in 2010.  He wasn't exactly the linchpin witness upon which 7 federal indictments receiving testimony since 2014 rest upon.

But hey, you know better than I do what goes down in the Western District.  You should come up here and tell somebody so they can do something.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2017, 10:27:52 AM
Quote from: grumbler on November 24, 2017, 09:39:43 AM

He was going to testify about gis participation in a car chase with one of the indicted officers that resulted in the death of a motorist in 2010.  He wasn't exactly the linchpin witness upon which 7 federal indictments receiving testimony since 2014 rest upon.

But hey, you know better than I do what goes down in the Western District.  You should come up here and tell somebody so they can do something.

Now, now, no reason to be snotty kids.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".