Films, TV and Songs to Savour as The Apocalypse Engulf Us.

Started by mongers, August 03, 2017, 05:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

What films, TV and songs are you going to choose to enjoy as the clouds from Trump's thermonuclear apocalypse engulfs us?

Night before last I kicked this off by watching 'Seven Days In May' , has stood the test of time well, though for some reason this time, I wasn't rooting for President Fredric March, but rather had some sympathy for Burt Lancaster's air force general Chief of staff.   :hmm:

Thinking of ending the run with 'On the beach', though that does rather optimistically assume I'll survival a while, given I live 70 miles down wind from Cap de la Hague.

I'll probably run 'Dr.Strangelove' when Bannon has near complete influence over Trump and puts an anti-fluoridation 'scientist' in charge of the EPA/FDA etc.

So what are you're suggestions?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2017, 07:45:42 PM
The Road.

Mongers will be happy they aren't in a car.

Yeah, that had to go in the mix, but couldn't figure where.   :hmm:

Music wise, '21st Century Schizoid Man' fit will, somehow the madness in 1969 America, kinda fits with the lunacy at work in the White House today.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.