News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

R.I.P. George Romero & Martin Landau

Started by katmai, July 16, 2017, 07:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fromtia

I loved Space 1999 and still do. Yes, an absurd premise and haphazardly tethered to the plausible, but when given so much weirdness, creepiness and gorgeous sets, models, effects and costumes alongside a fabulous cast I find it a marvelous and distinctive piece of work. Season 2 was dogshit obviously.

RIP Captain Koenig. :(
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

viper37

I'm not sure I even saw season 1, because the only flash I have are of Maya, and she was there only in S2.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Space:1999 underwent substantial writing changes for the 2nd season, since the 1st was considered too "English" for American audiences. (Translation: too much dialogue, plot lines, and requiring simply too much thinking in general).

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2017, 12:11:13 PM
Space:1999 underwent substantial writing changes for the 2nd season, since the 1st was considered too "English" for American audiences. (Translation: too much dialogue, plot lines, and requiring simply too much thinking in general).
not the first time I hear of something like that, but I wonder: is it the British who thinks americans are too stupid to follow a decent plot on tv or is it the Hollywood studio heads?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on July 28, 2017, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2017, 12:11:13 PM
not the first time I hear of something like that, but I wonder: is it the British who thinks americans are too stupid to follow a decent plot on tv or is it the Hollywood studio heads?

It's the American audiences saying, "Pffft, boor-ring."  :D  #HomerSimpson