Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Today I got the WFRP adventure module Rough Nights & Hard Days, and Outbreak: UNDEAD 2nd edition. :)

Syt

Ross Rifles, a trench warfare RPG, has been fully funded on Kickstarter within a day:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dundaswestgames/ross-rifles

QuoteIntroducing Ross Rifles - a tabletop roleplaying game set in the Canadian trenches of the First World War. From 1914-1918, Canada played a major role in assisting the British Empire in winning one of the fiercest wars in history. But victory came at a cost. The First World War took the lives of over 60,000 Canadians. It was from this vast entanglement of international alliances, leaders, and agendas that Canada emerged as a modern fighting force on the brink of nationhood. In Ross Rifles, you play as soldiers from the Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF) struggling to survive the horrors of trench warfare during the First World War. Sent overseas to fight for crown and country, your characters will make personal sacrifices in the name of Canada.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quoteyour characters will make personal sacrifices in the name of Canada

Cosmic horror has a new champion. Move over CoC.

The Brain

I've been reading the Cadwallon Player's Handbook. I have no plans to play it but I like reading RPG books. I've read the world description, in the rules sections I just looked at the pictures. Very nice artwork in the book, including many pieces by Gary Chalk. :wub:

Sophie Scholl

I got the Barony of the Damned (WHFRP) in hardcover finally. I'm thinking about running it with a group. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. Adventures in the most corrupt and messed up part of Bretonnia: Mousillon!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Berkut

Has anoyone tried running a campaign via Roll20 or one of the other VTTs?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sophie Scholl

My group for The One Ring just uses Skype. Simple and effective.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

celedhring

I'm going to try to run a Roll20 D&D session next weekend with my group.

The Brain

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 19, 2020, 08:15:40 PM
I got the Barony of the Damned (WHFRP) in hardcover finally. I'm thinking about running it with a group. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. Adventures in the most corrupt and messed up part of Bretonnia: Mousillon!

For which edition of WHFRP?

Berkut

Quote from: celedhring on March 20, 2020, 01:43:27 AM
I'm going to try to run a Roll20 D&D session next weekend with my group.

Let me know how it goes....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Brain on March 20, 2020, 02:15:40 AM

We've got books and .pdf's of second. I never got into 3rd and I hear 4th goes back to 2nd's style though I haven't seen any copies yet. The book/campaign itself is for 2nd.

The Brain

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 20, 2020, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 20, 2020, 02:15:40 AM

We've got books and .pdf's of second. I never got into 3rd and I hear 4th goes back to 2nd's style though I haven't seen any copies yet. The book/campaign itself is for 2nd.

Good. I never played 1st ed back in the day, I own I think all 2nd ed books except one (and GM'd it a fair bit), skipped the weird 3rd ed, and I have started buying 4th ed just because.