Started by CountDeMoney, June 11, 2017, 10:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

You people see this yet?

http://www.modiphius.com/star-trek.html

I dunno, man...I don't see a FASA logo on anything... :mad: 

Nice dice, though
https://www.modiphius.net/collections/star-trek-adventures

Check out the figures you can KS for, Brain.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

I'm about to join in a campaign in the Tolkien setting/ruleset of The One Ring.  I'm looking forward to it quite a bit after several years off.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 12, 2017, 05:00:51 PM
I'm about to join in a campaign in the Tolkien setting/ruleset of The One Ring.  I'm looking forward to it quite a bit after several years off.

Used to play the shit out of MERP back in the day. Haven't played The One Ring.

The Brain

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Brain on June 12, 2017, 05:18:49 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 12, 2017, 05:00:51 PM

Used to play the shit out of MERP back in the day. Haven't played The One Ring.
It seems like a very Tolkien-esque style from what I've read and done in character creation.  Combat is only 1/3 of the game with a lot of emphasis on travel and diplomacy.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the setting works.  I've read through some of the MERP books, but never played that system.  I played a whole campaign in the Decipher LotR setting/ruleset which was fun, but didn't feel as LotR-y as I was looking for.  I've had thoughts of putting together a campaign set during the slow collapse of Gondor and the fall of Minas Ithil.  I think it could be fun to work with.  Some of the mechanics of the The One Ring ruleset seem like they would be a cool fit, including the slow fall into shadow and corruption, the ability to have generations of characters, and the simplified combat system.  We shall see...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Yeah, we played MERP back in the day; really loved the system, even if it was a bit more bookkeeping. I'm glad they have the One Ring system out, as opposed to the D&D 5.0 Adventures in Middle Earth crossover.  Tolkien deserves its own rules system.

Habbaku

Still playing Werewolf: The Apocalypse my way, though I'm going to be seriously lobbying my group to shift over to the A Song of Ice and Fire RPG in the near future. I'm not a huge fan of the Storyteller system that WTA uses (the dice resolution is a little too non-granular for my tastes), but the setting and the lore behind the game are excellent, so I stick with it.

If I thought I could find players that were as into it as I am, I'd run the old Pendragon RPG or something like John Wick's Blood and Honor.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Wish I had the commitment to play pen and paper RPGs. We tried to get an old school Star Wars D6 campaign going, but we never got past 3 sessions. It's all boardgames for us now.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2017, 08:59:39 PM
Yeah, we played MERP back in the day; really loved the system, even if it was a bit more bookkeeping. I'm glad they have the One Ring system out, as opposed to the D&D 5.0 Adventures in Middle Earth crossover.  Tolkien deserves its own rules system.

It did with Rolemaster  :)

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on June 13, 2017, 02:43:00 AM
Wish I had the commitment to play pen and paper RPGs. We tried to get an old school Star Wars D6 campaign going, but we never got past 3 sessions. It's all boardgames for us now.

Yeah same here. I often feel like I should join a group, or rather, get my old tiny one together via online methods. But if I am honest to myself, I realise I just wouldn't be willing to commit the amount of free time it requires. What used to be an easy thing as a student, is a huge proportion of the currently available free time. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on June 13, 2017, 02:43:00 AM

That's because at our age, it's too much work.

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2017, 09:09:36 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2017, 08:59:39 PM

It did with Rolemaster  :)

I remember liking the little blurbs on the critical damage tables.  :sleep: