Real RPGs, none of that new fangled computer bullshit

Started by CountDeMoney, June 11, 2017, 10:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

currently playing in a 7th ed. call of Cthulhu, pulp expansion, as a cat, and as the cat's 'can opener' Theda Vex, who is a shady medium turned chauffer for a rich lady investigator (and her cat)  Also running a very slow moving (haven't played since sept) superhero game (M&M 3rd ed.) set in the late 40's... and a more regularly scheduled 5ed D&D game with a bunch of newbs reusing a lot of the world building i had done for previous pathfinder games. In character creation mode for another cthulhlu-y game using some old school basic role playing 5th ed rules mashed up with some Superworld and CofC 5ed. so much role playing. no wonder i am behind in my novel a week reading.
:p

Razgovory

Have you looked at the Cthulhu stuff by Pelgrane Press?  Really interesting.  They just released Fall of Delta Green which is about fighting the Mythos in the 1960's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

In the Dungeons and Dragon's Companion set you had the opportunity around twelfth level of either continuing as an adventurer or setting up your own freehold.  The handbook explained that a government run by fighters was a kingdom; a government run by clerics is a theocracy, a government run by magic-users is a magocracy and a government run by thieves is a republic.  I was reminded of that this morning when I saw Howard Schultz was considering running for the presidency; allowing for a possible Trump-Schultz-Bloomberg race. 

:P ;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Oexmelin

It is indeed, surprisingly good for something generated. So many designed cities of heroic fantasy give off a clear vibe of being conceived by suburban North Americans...
Que le grand cric me croque !

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 06, 2019, 08:46:57 PM
It is indeed, surprisingly good for something generated. So many designed cities of heroic fantasy give off a clear vibe of being conceived by suburban North Americans...

We need more diversity in the DM population

PDH

In our game group the way cities looked changed forever (and for the better) after I bought Cities of Harn.  My friend Scott does city maps on the computer now - all in something simple like Paint.net
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Today I got delivery of six more Conan RPG books. Sweet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pedrito

I have a bunch of old TSR modules and boxed sets that I want to get rid of; mainly Planescape, Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft, no shrinkwrapped items, but in excellent condition, and complete.

What are the best places to try and sell them? I haven't got an ebay account, so no positive feedback, and I know it's more difficult to sell without a feedback.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

frunk

You could try RPGGeek's marketplace.  No experience with it, so don't know how it'll go.

Pedrito

Quote from: frunk on April 08, 2019, 12:08:17 PM
You could try RPGGeek's marketplace.  No experience with it, so don't know how it'll go.
I'll check it out, thanks.  :)

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Habbaku

Anyone ever play any of the Pendragon RPG series? I'm tempted by the forthcoming Charlemagne, but am wary of buying games that I don't have guaranteed players for these days.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien