Trains, Banks and Public/Private Ownership - Prev.Predict UK Gen.Election Result

Started by mongers, June 04, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be the size of Theresa May's majority in the Commons

150+ MPs
0 (0%)
101-149
0 (0%)
81-100
2 (5.9%)
51-80
4 (11.8%)
31-50
6 (17.6%)
16-30
5 (14.7%)
1-15
2 (5.9%)
Zero - (Even number of MPs)
1 (2.9%)
Minority conservative government
9 (26.5%)
Labour and other parties coalition
2 (5.9%)
Labour majority government
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Barrister

I voted Labour minority, because that seems like the worst possible outcome, and that's the world we live in now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2017, 11:53:11 AM
I voted Labour minority, because that seems like the worst possible outcome, and that's the world we live in now.

Labour minority? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2017, 12:02:35 PM

BB wants Scotland to go Tory blue and the rest of the country to follow, he thinks a May landslide will be a beacon of hope.

Reality UK becomes Trump's poodle.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

No, a world with the worst possible outcomes.

Valmy

Well Labour has been a minority for awhile now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

This whole election has been a giant vanity project to boost May's ego; I shall laugh my ass off if she falls short of her current majority.

And the Brexit negotiation clock ticks on, best part of two months wasted.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

Quote from: mongers on June 06, 2017, 12:24:39 PM
And the Brexit negotiation clock ticks on, best part of two months wasted.
They are going for "no deal" anyway, so why not waste some time?  :bowler:

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2017, 12:12:42 PM

No, a world with the worst possible outcomes.

Ah, I get it. Don't agree but get it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Wouldn't an outright Labour majority be worse for your political convictions, Barrister?

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on June 06, 2017, 04:03:28 PM
Wouldn't an outright Labour majority be worse for your political convictions, Barrister?

Nope.  Pretty sure Labour supported by SNP would be worse (Lib Dems appear ready to get thrashed).  A Labour majority, whatever else it's sins, would at least have a mandate to negotiate Brexit.  And whatever you think of Brexit, you at least want a unified voice trying to negotiate it.

Zanza

Theresa May has said she will change human rights laws if they "get in the way" of tackling suspected terrorists.
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40181444

At least she is honest.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on June 06, 2017, 05:03:54 PM
Theresa May has said she will change human rights laws if they "get in the way" of tackling suspected terrorists.

At least she is honest.

If this continued for another week and polls kept going down for her I'd expect a full V for Vendetta turn by next monday.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on June 06, 2017, 05:07:24 PM

At least she is honest.

If this continued for another week and polls kept going down for her I'd expect a full V for Vendetta turn by next monday.

Strong and stable through purity! Purity through faith!

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on June 06, 2017, 05:56:24 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 06, 2017, 05:07:24 PM

At least she is honest.

Strong and stable through purity! Purity through faith!

England prevails! Brexit means Brexit!