News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

The astronomical arrangement of the stars is rather unlikely.  Double binaries are pretty rare due to their instability.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on March 11, 2011, 09:23:53 PM
The astronomical arrangement of the stars is rather unlikely.  Double binaries are pretty rare due to their instability.
They are rare, but they do occur.
Epsilon Lyrae for example.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Still wish there was a huge and readable version of that map.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 11, 2011, 09:38:12 PM
:huh: Text is a bit small, but I can read it.

It's 2000x1350, how much bigger do you want it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2011, 09:37:19 PM
Those are Class A stars.  The stars in your graphic have to stay together long enough to evolve complex life, which is a very long time indeed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on March 11, 2011, 10:26:43 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2011, 09:37:19 PM
Those are Class A stars.  The stars in your graphic have to stay together long enough to evolve complex life, which is a very long time indeed.
The Milky Way has 300 billion stars, and there are hundreds of billions of galaxies. When the numbers are so big, improbable things occur.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2011, 10:31:51 PM
The Milky Way has 300 billion stars, and there are hundreds of billions of galaxies. When the numbers are so big, improbable things occur.
Too many improbable things happening there.

Alcibiades

Finished the series a couple of months ago.  Ending was kinda eh.  Few things were left unresolved that I didn't like.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on March 11, 2011, 10:49:39 PM
Yet they're all possible. If you want to be pedantic why not bitch about the impossible stuff in the show like the FTL.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

QuoteThose are Class A stars.  The stars in your graphic have to stay together long enough to evolve complex life, which is a very long time indeed.
Who says they evolved complex life?

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2011, 10:16:33 PM

So the text is readable, I can't make it out at all. Zoom right in and it goes fuzzy.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2011, 10:57:47 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 11, 2011, 10:49:39 PM
Yet they're all possible. If you want to be pedantic why not bitch about the impossible stuff in the show like the FTL.
Perhaps individually, but all together?

Besides, how would I know there's FTL in the show?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 11, 2011, 11:00:52 PM
QuoteThose are Class A stars.  The stars in your graphic have to stay together long enough to evolve complex life, which is a very long time indeed.
Who says they evolved complex life?

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2011, 10:16:33 PM

So the text is readable, I can't make it out at all. Zoom right in and it goes fuzzy.
Zoom in with view a couple of times and it should be big enough and clear enough to be read. Not exactly easily, but you shouldn't be struggling. Maybe you need glasses.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Tim can you give us a map of the Colonies intervening in World War II and clashign with Rommel?
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 12, 2011, 07:33:28 AM
Tim can you give us a map of the Colonies intervening in World War II and clashign with Rommel?
The favored crossover on the net seems to be Stargate.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I'd like to jam a cattle prod into anybody making such a crossover.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive