Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: ulmont on March 12, 2011, 09:02:17 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 12, 2011, 08:57:43 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2011, 08:00:05 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 12, 2011, 04:07:56 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2011, 09:05:56 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 12, 2011, 07:33:28 AM
Tim can you give us a map of the Colonies intervening in World War II and clashign with Rommel?
The favored crossover on the net seems to be Stargate.
In that case write up a crossover with GI Joe.
That doesn't even make sense.

Are you implying that there are crossover alt(fan)-fictions that do make sense?

Planetary / Batman wasn't bad...

That had metafictional aspects.  Metafictional crossovers tend to do reasonably well, e.g. Dave Sim's Spawn story where every superhero/villain ever was trapped in Erebus.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

*Bump*

I know I'm going to lose nerd cred when I say I never watched the reboot BSG (did watch the 70s original).

Found the series on Amazon Prime.  Watching the original mini-series, finding it very good.  Of course I know there was a lot of negativity towards BSG towards the end, and of course the 70s original started out strong and rapidly petered out also.

Is this show worth investing some time in?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2020, 11:55:07 PM
*Bump*

I know I'm going to lose nerd cred when I say I never watched the reboot BSG (did watch the 70s original).

Err, no, liking old tv shows and either panning or ignoring popular reboots GIVES nerd cred.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

That reminds me, I'm still about half way into season 2 and haven't continued yet. :D

I took several attempts at getting into the show, and it only "clicked" a few years ago.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I'd say the first 3 seasons are pretty good, even great in parts. Then it became Lost avant-la-lettre.

And the boardgame is fucking awesome.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on March 18, 2020, 02:43:36 AM
I'd say the first 3 seasons are pretty good, even great in parts. Then it became Lost avant-la-lettre.

Agreed on all of this
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on March 18, 2020, 02:43:36 AM

The strategy game is quite good, too. At least it was, before all the DLC hit which I haven't tried yet.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/544610/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

*Bump*

Found the series on Amazon Prime.  Watching the original mini-series, finding it very good.  Of course I know there was a lot of negativity towards BSG towards the end, and of course the 70s original started out strong and rapidly petered out also.

Yes.
Will be curious to hear how the jumps between series feel when you're watching them one after the other
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

*Bump*

Yes, but as said by the others it starts to decline by season three, and the ending is a total lazy cop-out. Still enjoyable though.

viper37

Yes, despite a slowdown in the later half of season 3.  Season 4 wasn't half bad, but the ending was a bit disapointing, I guess.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.